Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Types of Trucks

  • David Mummery
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 10, 2012
      They are absolutely clueless on the electronic side!
      Dave

      Dave Mummery

      http://27squaresof220ing.blogspot.com/
      http://tractionmadness.blogspot.com/

      From: Don Avila <zbarr474@...>
      Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 18:40:47
      To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Types of Trucks

      *FWI I discussed this very problem at Grand Rapids NMRA/National Train Show
      last week.  Neil Besougloff, Editor of MR pretty much shrugged his
      shoulders and said it was the problem of the firm that wrote the software
      as MR "doesn't know anything" about software.  This now becomes the second
      answer I have been given since I purchased the original DVD last year.

      ...don

      *

      --
      *...don a * * **- Northern Ohio, USA*

    • Michael
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 10, 2012
        Reminds me of the story from Business Strategy 101 about the fellow who figured out the best, cheapest and most efficient way to make buggy whips but failed to notice the guy down the street who had started making gas pedals.

        Michael

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "David Mummery " <d_mummery@...> wrote:

        > They are absolutely clueless on the electronic side!
        > Dave
        >
        > Dave Mummery

      • mark2playz
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 10, 2012
          Don,
          Thanks for the info. My term "tired" was the most diplomatic term of I could think of. My professional opinion of the product is that MR should get their money back and it's obvious they did no testing of their own. Search for "O Scale" and it matches half the words in the archive (at least until it gets "tired").

          Mark

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Don Avila <zbarr474@...> wrote:

          > *FWI I discussed this very problem at Grand Rapids NMRA/National Train Show
          > last week. Neil Besougloff, Editor of MR pretty much shrugged his
          > shoulders and said it was the problem of the firm that wrote the software
          > as MR "doesn't know anything" about software. This now becomes the second
          > answer I have been given since I purchased the original DVD last year.
          >
          > ...don
          >

          > *
          > On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM, mark2playz <mark.markham@...>wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Jeff,
          > > Thanks for the MR issue reference. Unfortunately, I've found that the MR
          > > DVD library search engine seems to get "tired" at times and just won't find
          > > what I'm looking for. Today, it finds that article and in addition one from
          > > Feb 2005 on passenger trucks.
          > >
          > > Reynard,
          > > Yeah, I like good summary images like the one I posted. It's not
          > > comprehensive, but I'm a firm believer in the "3 ft rule" and it's more
          > > than adequate for that.
          > >
          > > Mark
          > >
          > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sj_baz_man" <sjbazman49@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Dec 2003 it says on the ripped out pages in front of me. Page 72 :)

          > > http://media.photobucket.com/image/railroad%20truck%20types/MilesWestern/trucks.png

          > > it their archive.

          > > have a trucks question. I have never been able to locate a specific source
          > > that could help me. I hope someone can tell me what decades the following
          > > trucks were in use (1940's etc.) and what types of cars used them. Swapping
          > > out Marklin trucks and installing MTL trucks and could use the help.

          > --
          > *...don a * * **- Northern Ohio, USA*

        • Don Avila
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 10, 2012
            *What I suggested MR do is buy and post a GOOD searching program. Make it
            so it can get into ONLY the MR DVD's. Cost should be a dollar or so per
            DVD package they sold, IF that high. You ever hear a big piece of WARM
            lard fall to and hit the floor. You got it.

            ...don

            *

            *...don a * * **- Northern Ohio, USA*