Breaking NTS News

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2012
      I received the following from Mister David George:

      Mister Dave won a First Place and ,,,also the Best of Show award for the
      two modules entered in the Modular Layout Competition at the NTS in Grand
      Rapids this afternoon.

      Congratulations Mister Dave!

      Rob

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      Distributor American Z Line
      Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Tenshodo
      and Rokuhan dealer.
      www.ztrack.com
      www.ztrackcenter.com
      www.ztrackresale.com
      www.rokuhan-store.com
      6142 Northcliff Blvd
      Dublin OH 43016
      (614) 764-1703

    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2012
        I think a record 7 or times ?

        Jeff M
        SF Bay Area Z

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3, 2012
          It has to be some kind of record!

          Rob

          Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
          Distributor American Z Line
          Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Tenshodo
          and Rokuhan dealer.
          www.ztrack.com
          www.ztrackcenter.com
          www.ztrackresale.com
          www.rokuhan-store.com
          6142 Northcliff Blvd
          Dublin OH 43016
          (614) 764-1703

        • pray59_3
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 4, 2012
            Way to go Mister Dave! I love the way Z Scale represents at the NTS shows!

            ztrack wrote:
            > Mister Dave won a First Place and ,,,also the Best of Show award for the two modules entered in the Modular Layout Competition at the NTS in Grand Rapids this afternoon.
          • Loren Snyder
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 4, 2012
              You know, this repeat occurrence at the past NTS shows and now Mr Dave's
              victory, (here we go again.......sigh), :o) really ought to tell the model
              railroading community that Z is not a flash in the pan experience. Z is
              here for real and to stay. It is true there are many outstanding home
              layouts in every scale, but no scale other than Z can seem to offer the
              viewing public consistent visual delight.

              I remember well the NTS show in Cincinnati in 2005 and other shows also
              where Z wowed the public and the excitement was almost contagious.

              Z scalers, stand proud and do your best to continue to confound the critics.

              ztrack wrote:
              > Mister Dave won a First Place and ,,,also the Best of Show award for the
              two modules entered in the Modular Layout Competition at the NTS in Grand
              Rapids this afternoon.

            • bob
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 4, 2012
                Congratulations to Mr. Dave on some well deserved awards.

                I was at the train show in Grand Rapids yesterday and saw Mr. Dave's layout again (I first saw it in Detroit in 2007). It was a pleasure to talk to Mr. Dave again and see his fantastic work. I also had a chance to have a very pleasant talk with Don Avila. Then as I wandered around more I ran into Ellen and Tom. Some more pleasant conversation about Z scale. And there was more Z scale on display. The first time I saw Z scale on display at a train show was in 2005 and there wasn't very much available. Jeffrey brought his award winning suitcase layout to Grand Rapids after his victory in Cincinnati that year. I was hooked and bought a Micro Train starter set.

                I've met a lot of great people since. I hope to see many of you again.
                Bob

                > I received the following from Mister David George:
                >
                > Mister Dave won a First Place and ,,,also the Best of Show award for the
                > two modules entered in the Modular Layout Competition at the NTS in Grand
                > Rapids this afternoon.
                >
                > Congratulations Mister Dave!
                >
                > Rob
                >

                > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                > Distributor American Z Line
                > Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Tenshodo
                > and Rokuhan dealer.
                > www.ztrack.com
                > www.ztrackcenter.com
                > www.ztrackresale.com
                > www.rokuhan-store.com
                > 6142 Northcliff Blvd
                > Dublin OH 43016
                > (614) 764-1703

              • David Mummery
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 4, 2012
                  I'm here and WOW is all I can say!
                  For those of you on Facebook, I've posted pictures there.
                  Dave

                  Dave Mummery

                  http://27squaresof220ing.blogspot.com/
                  http://tractionmadness.blogspot.com/

                  Sent from my U.S. Cellular BlackBerry� smartphone