GTE announces new shows in 2013

  • sj_baz_man
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 30, 2012
      Great Train Expo annouced new shows for 2013. Please check their site for more info: http://www.greattrainexpo.com/

      For us BAZ BoyZ (San Francisco Bay Area Z Scale Co-op):

      TWO new train shows early next year !!!

      Richmond Marina (Craneway Pavilion, an awesome place last year)
      January 12-13

      Santa Rosa (Sonoma County Fairgrounds, were we did the Redwood Empire shows)
      February 16-17

      Current schedule is:

      Santa Clara COUNTY Fairgrounds (in SAN JOSE).
      September 15-16 and November 24-25

      Cal Expo show in Sacramento
      January 19-20

      Jeff
      SF Bay Area Z
    • Rainer Kuhn
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 30, 2012
        Dear sj_baz_man

        Thank you for the info. Would it be possible that you could be a little more specific as far as the actual locations are concerned I.e. richmond - Virginia? Or is there a Richmond in Calif as it seems all shows are west of the Pecos
        I'm new at this and wondering if there are any exciting shows on the East coast but not listed?
        And while I'm at it do you publish any major events being held in Germany I.e. Dortmund, Munich, Essen, Goppingen etc or other european countries or would you be able to point me to an address on the internet that may specialize in event publications which may include model railroading. As you know our hobby is of humongous proportion there and almost a way of live across the pond
        Thank you very much.

        Rainer (Ray) Kuhn
        Sent from my iPad

        On 30, 2012, at 10:07 PM, "sj_baz_man" <sjbazman49@...> wrote:

        > Great Train owooExpo annouced new shows for 2013. Please check their site for more info: http://www.greattrainexpo.com/
        >
        > For us BAZ BoyZ (San Francisco Bay Area Z Scale Co-op):
        >
        > TWO new train shows early next year !!!
        >
        > Richmond Marina (Craneway Pavilion, an awesome place last year)
        > January 12-13
        >
        > Santa Rosa (Sonoma County Fairgrounds, were we did the Redwood Empire shows)
        > February 16-17
        >
        > Current schedule is:
        >
        > Santa Clara COUNTY Fairgrounds (in SAN JOSE).
        > September 15-16 and November 24-25
        >
        > Cal Expo show in Sacramento
        > January 19-20
        >
        > Jeff
        > SF Bay Area Z

      • Cliff Smith
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 31, 2012
          Rainer,
          Click on the link for the "Great Train Expo", it spells out everything.

          Richmond is a suburb of San Francisco............

          Cliff
          SSgt USMC, Retired
          '12 Juke
          '86 Yamaha FZX-R
          Z scale trains

          ________________________________

          On 30, 2012, at 10:07 PM, "sj_baz_man" <mailto:sjbazman49%40yahoo.com> wrote:

          > Great Train owooExpo annouced new shows for 2013. Please check their site for more info: http://www.greattrainexpo.com/
          >
          > For us BAZ BoyZ (San Francisco Bay Area Z Scale Co-op):
          >
          > TWO new train shows early next year !!!
          >
          > Richmond Marina (Craneway Pavilion, an awesome place last year)
          > January 12-13
          >
          > Santa Rosa (Sonoma County Fairgrounds, were we did the Redwood Empire shows)
          > February 16-17
          >
          > Current schedule is:
          >
          > Santa Clara COUNTY Fairgrounds (in SAN JOSE).
          > September 15-16 and November 24-25
          >
          > Cal Expo show in Sacramento
          > January 19-20
          >
          > Jeff
          > SF Bay Area Z

        • Robert Toole
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2012
            Jeff,
            Is the BAZ group participating in any of the events this fall at the Sonoma Fairgrounds?
            Robert
            Zo Cal

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2012
              No. The San Jose show is 2 weeks from that one and, Somoma requires us to be there all 3 days which means 2 nites hotel for all. Not enough resources or money. We will likely be at next years spring show tho.

              Jeff M
              SF Bay Area Z

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 2, 2012
                Rainer, just posting our (BAZ BoyZ) Northern California regional shows.
                East Coaster, Midwest and others often post theirs.  I don't know any sites off
                hand that post the German shows but possibly the Trainini site might have info
                (www.trainini.de).
                 Jeff
                SF Bay Area Z

                ________________________________
                Thank you for the info. Would it be possible that you could be a little more
                specific as far as the actual locations are concerned I.e. richmond - Virginia?
                Or is there a Richmond in Calif as it seems all shows are west of the Pecos
                I'm new at this and wondering if there are any exciting shows on the East coast
                but not listed?
                And while I'm at it do you publish any major events being held in Germany I.e.
                Dortmund, Munich, Essen, Goppingen etc or other european countries or would you
                be able to point me to an address on the internet that may specialize in event
                publications which may include model railroading. As you know our hobby is of
                humongous proportion there and almost a way of live across the pond
                Thank you very much.

                Rainer (Ray) Kuhn
                Sent from my iPad

                On  30, 2012, at 10:07 PM, "sj_baz_man" <sjbazman49@...> wrote:

                > Great Train owooExpo annouced new shows for 2013. Please check their site for
                >more info: http://www.greattrainexpo.com/
                >
                > For us BAZ BoyZ (San Francisco Bay Area Z Scale Co-op):
                >
                > TWO new train shows early next year !!!
                >
                > Richmond Marina (Craneway Pavilion, an awesome place last year)
                > January 12-13
                >
                > Santa Rosa (Sonoma County Fairgrounds, were we did the Redwood Empire shows)
                > February 16-17
                >
                > Current schedule is:
                >
                > Santa Clara COUNTY Fairgrounds (in SAN JOSE).
                > September 15-16 and November 24-25
                >
                > Cal Expo show in Sacramento
                > January 19-20
                >
                > Jeff
                > SF Bay Area Z

              • mark2playz
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 2, 2012
                  Rainer,
                  GTE has an ad in the first few pages of MR listing Midwest shows, but I don't have my copy with me.

                  Mark

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Jeff <sjbazman49@...> wrote:

                  > Rainer, just posting our (BAZ BoyZ) Northern California regional shows.
                  > East Coaster, Midwest and others often post theirs.  I don't know any sites off
                  > hand that post the German shows but possibly the Trainini site might have info
                  > (www.trainini.de).
                  >  Jeff
                  > SF Bay Area Z
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • Steve Piwnica
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 2, 2012
                    Excited train guy.  a lot of fun.
                    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6lutNECOZFw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

                    Steve p

                    ________________________________
                    GTE has an ad in the first few pages of MR listing Midwest shows, but I don't have my copy with me.

                    Mark

                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Jeff <sjbazman49@...> wrote:

                    > Rainer, just posting our (BAZ BoyZ) Northern California regional shows.
                    > East Coaster, Midwest and others often post theirs.  I don't know any sites off
                    > hand that post the German shows but possibly the Trainini site might have info
                    > (www.trainini.de).
                    >  Jeff
                    > SF Bay Area Z
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • FT. Dewey
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 3, 2012
                      Perhaps he should voice at least a LITTLE enthusiasm !!(Trying to be funny, not sarcastic !!)
                                                                                                                                           DEWEY

                      o _____ || |
                      .][__n_n_|DD[ ====_____ | |
                      _/oo OOOOO oo` ooo ooo 'o!o!o o!o!o`

                      ________________________________
                      GTE has an ad in the first few pages of MR listing Midwest shows, but I don't have my copy with me.

                      Mark

                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Jeff <sjbazman49@...> wrote:

                      > Rainer, just posting our (BAZ BoyZ) Northern California regional shows.
                      > East Coaster, Midwest and others often post theirs.  I don't know any sites off
                      > hand that post the German shows but possibly the Trainini site might have info
                      > (www.trainini.de).
                      >  Jeff
                      > SF Bay Area Z

                    • Ell
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 4, 2012
                        It is a funny video
                        http://www.youtube.com/embed/6lutNECOZFw
                        but apparently a fake.

                        Check this on the CNN site:

                        http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2012/08/03/tsr-moos-excited-train-gag.cnn#/video/us/2012/08/03/tsr-moos-excited-train-gag.cnn

                        The CNN video has some funny stuff as well.

                        Ell