Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Module Wiring, bus wire size (etc.)

  • David Mummery
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2012
      Hey Jeff and Gang

      Jeff, step right up and plug in, LOL!
      2 reasons I use 14 gau stranded; its what I have a monster spool of and a little over kill in DCC never hurt anything, LOL.
      Hope every one had a safe and fun 4th!
      Dave

      Dave Mummery

      http://27squaresof220ing.blogspot.com/
      http://tractionmadness.blogspot.com/

      From: sj_baz_man <sjbazman49@...>
      Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 19:05:42
      To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: Module Wiring, bus wire size (etc.)

      Dave, can I tap into that room feeder ? :)

      Actually, since we run a 5 Amp DCC, I have 14 gauge for a few feet to the Electronic circuit breakers. After that, it is 18 gauge from one end of the module to the other and the Z-Bend Track (ZBT) cables, 18" long. 22 gauge to the local track feeders.

      Module interconnects use 3 pins for each single 18 gauge wire, per ZBT wiring practices.