Re: [Z_Scale] Re: New MTL Z scale body style

  • Lee Barry
    Message 1 of 63 , Jul 4, 2012
      WHAT's A FOOBIE ???

      --- On Wed, 7/4/12, dr strangelove <kaiserwillieii0815@...> wrote:

      From: dr strangelove <kaiserwillieii0815@...>
      Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: New MTL Z scale body style
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 11:27 AM

      I guess I will just be throwing fuel on the fire.
      I think there is a lot of fudging done, especially in Z
      People seem to be cool with , a flat car that is supposed to be 42 foot, and only measures out at 40, the boxcar that is supposed to have one kind of door but has another, the kind of almost looking caboose, all because it would cost too much to make things THAT specific. These things are really close, but not 100 percent
      I am sure if we took the time and went through inventories of all the cars that were ever made, we will find discrepancies in most of them.I won't even talk about passenger cars.
      I am thinking, what complicates matters in this case, is the effect it could have using after market products like containers. (I do transition era and really cannot wrap my brain around people getting excited about shipping container, but, to each his own).
      I am surprised at the friction this case is producing. I do, however see both sides.
      Look at the new UP waffel gondola from AZL. That IS totally foobie.
      I also cannot go along with the idea that the N and HO scales would not go along with foobieness, as those waffelcars are copies of Exactrail's cars, which were proudly displayed at the NMRA convention. People like them, and people buy them, even if it is really an example of a total fairy-tale car.
      One man's foobie is another man's treasure, no use fighting over it.

    • trainssd
      Message 63 of 63 , Jul 5, 2012
        What's wrong with this one?