Re: [Z_Scale] Micro Trains Line Prices Going Up in August

  • Lee Barry
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
      they need no explanation, just greed!!!

      --- On Sun, 7/1/12, John & Sue Bartolotto <jsbart09@...> wrote:

      From: John & Sue Bartolotto <jsbart09@...>
      Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Micro Trains Line Prices Going Up in August
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, July 1, 2012, 11:45 PM

      Loren,

      What was MTL¹s explanation for the price increase?

      John

      On 7/1/12 7:41 PM, "Loren Snyder" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

      > Just got notice from MTL. All dealers have received notice of increased prices
      > beginning in August this year.
      >
      > In part........."effective August 1st, 2012, prices on full line of N, and Z
      > scale model train couplers, trucks, tools, and accessories will increase
      > approximately 5%. Prices on extensive line of N and Z rolling stock and motive
      > power will increase as well; however the increase does not affect previously
      > released freight and passenger cars, locomotives and train sets or items
      > pre-ordered prior to August 1st. This increase also does not affect items MTL
      > distributes that are manufactured by others.
      >
      > The new prices will be reflected in the August 1st. 2012 price list.
      >
      > All orders received and filled by July 30th, 2012, will receive current
      > prices. Orders filled after this date, will reflect new prices."
      >
      > While no one likes price increase, it is inevitable in all areas of life. The
      > hobby industry clearly is not exempt.
      >
      > Don't know whether to send a free box of Kleenex tissues with each new order
      > or simply say "An early Merry Christmas" :o(

    • Lee Barry
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
        "Say it ain't so Joe"

        From: John & Sue Bartolotto
        Date: 7/1/2012 4:45:30 PM
        To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com

        Loren,

        What was MTL¹s explanation for the price increase?

        John

      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
          That's BS Larry. Plastic prices (due to the chemicals used to make them) have really gone up. Multiple industries (not just toys, models and trains) are feeling the impact. On top of that, operational costs (Insurance, utilities, new hires [so they can make more U.S. tooling], shipping, etc.) all go up each year.

          Jeff M
          SF Bay Area Z

          What was MTL¹s explanation for the price increase?

          John

          On 7/1/12 7:41 PM, "Loren Snyder" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

          > Just got notice from MTL. All dealers have received notice of increased prices
          > beginning in August this year.
          >
          > In part........."effective August 1st, 2012, prices on full line of N, and Z
          > scale model train couplers, trucks, tools, and accessories will increase
          > approximately 5%. Prices on extensive line of N and Z rolling stock and motive
          > power will increase as well; however the increase does not affect previously
          > released freight and passenger cars, locomotives and train sets or items
          > pre-ordered prior to August 1st. This increase also does not affect items MTL
          > distributes that are manufactured by others.
          >
          > The new prices will be reflected in the August 1st. 2012 price list.
          >
          > All orders received and filled by July 30th, 2012, will receive current
          > prices. Orders filled after this date, will reflect new prices."
          >
          > While no one likes price increase, it is inevitable in all areas of life. The
          > hobby industry clearly is not exempt.
          >
          > Don't know whether to send a free box of Kleenex tissues with each new order
          > or simply say "An early Merry Christmas" :o(

        • Loren Snyder
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
            I agree whole heartedly Jeff. For instance, my costs in my dental lab have
            gone way up...........especially gold.
            Boy can I tell you about rising costs!

            The cost of breathing is definitely up!

            Loren