Re: [Z_Scale] Micro Trains Line Prices Going Up in August

  • Loren Snyder
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2012
      John,

      I quote from the letter.........

      "Like so many businesses this year, we have been impacted with numerous cost
      increases, from a number of our raw material, supply and service vendors.
      In some cases these cost increases have been significant."

      Just like real life huh John. Only now we have 5 cents less of every hobby
      dollar. Guess it's time to sell the kids and dog and pilfer our wife's
      sterling silver......... Just kidding gals.

      Loren

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
        just like the property tax increase here in Bristol,Va. Ain't nothin you can do about but not buy MTL products. I guess AZL and the rest will follow in step.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
          they need no explanation, just greed!!!

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
            "Say it ain't so Joe"

            What was MTL¹s explanation for the price increase?

            John

          • Jeff
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
              That's BS Larry. Plastic prices (due to the chemicals used to make them) have really gone up. Multiple industries (not just toys, models and trains) are feeling the impact. On top of that, operational costs (Insurance, utilities, new hires [so they can make more U.S. tooling], shipping, etc.) all go up each year.

              Jeff M
              SF Bay Area Z

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
                I agree whole heartedly Jeff. For instance, my costs in my dental lab have
                gone way up...........especially gold.
                Boy can I tell you about rising costs!

                The cost of breathing is definitely up!

                Loren