Z ('Nn3') scale at N-scale Collectors Convention in Medford, OR

  • sj_baz_man
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2012
      The local Southern Oregon Z group, along with the Cascade Z Scale and BAZ BoyZ were invited to set up a layout at the 20th N-scale Collectors Convention in Medford this past few days. There were 2 simple N scale layouts, a long oval from T-Trak on bare substrate, unattended and an larger 4x8 size with 1/2 white layered 'winter' scene foam and 1/2 with simple scenery details on 3 level loop tracks.

      Essentially NO N-scale representation, like past Conventions. The combined 20 Z scale modules took up the bulk of the lower level, minimally attended room shared with the Contest and very low attended clinics, except for Joe D'Amato's weathering and David K Smith's modeling in miniature.

      As Mickie and I leave, we see a newspaper article. The picture is familiar. It is Jerry Craig's CP locos on the Z modules. The article states the BAZ BoyZ group (we had the sign over our modules) and the 220 times smaller than real life. Only ONE sentence about N-scale.

      Read the article: http://tinyurl.com/7fjblmv

      It was fun tho.
    • Don Fedjur
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1 9:45 AM
        Jeff,

        Thanks for the report, cool picture too. Wish I could have been there with the "crew" for the fun and festivities. Sounds like you guys were the life of the party.......no surprise.

        All the best,

        Don Fedjur
        mobile phone; 760-861-5161

        Sent from my iPhone mobile office.