RE: [Z_Scale] re: Question

  • Larry Card
    Message 1 of 64 , Jun 21, 2012
      The following sites have DC throttles as well as other electronic bits useful in model railroading:

      http://www.awrr.com/
      http://home.cogeco.ca/~rpaisley4/CircuitIndex.html
      http://www.ferromel.de/tronic.htm (this one is in German but I was able to find what I needed)
      http://www3.sympatico.ca/kstapleton3/Index.html

      If you can't find what you need there take a look at Ntrak, they have a design for a voltage regulator controlled throttle that works great, I power mine from a 9v battery or a 9vdc wall wart with a 9v battery connector on it (available from Radio Shack) to keep from overpowering the Z scale motors. The Ntrak throttle actually has a setup for Nn3, which uses Z scale locomotive mechanisms, that would work fine as well.

      V/R
      Larry P. Card
      Franklinton NC
      _________
      ./__________\.
      (]]]___o___[[[)
      |\_o______o_/|
      |__|..........|__|

      > To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      > From: iplayfhorn@...
      > Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 09:27:06 -0400
      > Subject: [Z_Scale] re: Question
      >
      > Thanks so much for all of the responses. I knew you all were the
      > "go-to" source on stuff like this, and I've never been disappointed.
      > Is there some kind of plan for a DIY controller, than somebody has
      > cooked up over the years? I am beginning to seriously at beginning
      > a Z layout, and would like something that could be integrated into the
      > layout, rather than a stand-alone. I'd like to have something that
      > could be powered by battery as well as electricity (we have a literal
      > ton of "wall warts" at home in a box; I imagine there is something in
      > there with the correct voltage and polarity). I remember seeing a
      > video on YouTube where a Japanese guy had built a simple, very small
      > oval, and had constructed his own controller box, which I believe
      > could be run on either battery or house current. Thoughts?
      >
      > Thanks again,
      >
      > David P.
      >
      > --
      > - Sent from my Brain, via my Fingers and this Keyboard. :-)

    • martin soll
      Message 64 of 64 , Oct 6, 2013
        Thanks to all who responded to my question about insulating rail joiners for DC block wiring using Rokuhan track.

        Several good ideas, not sure yet which one I will use when the time comes.

        Marty in Estacada, OR