Re: model railroader magazine 11/01

  • jmac_han@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 3, 2001
      My personal take on the eBay ad in MR is that there was simply
      an oversight when the copywriter began to list the scales and the
      proofreader (who problable wouldn't know a thing about letter for
      scale designations) didn't catch the omission.

      It will get fixed eventually since the N scale guys are probably
      raising a stink with eBay and Model Railroader Magazine.

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey

      --- In z_scale@y..., "D. A. Karp" <z@c...> wrote:
      > I'm not sure - I think by specifying Z, the eBay ad implied N and
      increased
      > their perceived range at the same time.
      >

      > At 02:49 AM 11/3/2001 +0000, you wrote:
      > >David, I noticed the increased presence of Z stuff in the recent
      MRs
      > >also. I found the add you mentioned interesting also, and I
      wonder
      > >what led them to mention Z over N?

      > http://www.zscale.org/
    • WILLIAM AND BARBARA BROCK
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2001
        David,

        I noticed that eBay did not have N scale listed
        either. Must be that Z scale does that nuch business
        for them. Thanks,

        Will
        --- "D. A. Karp" <z@...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I just wanted to draw your attention so some small,
        > albeit visible mentions
        > of Z in recent issues of Model Railroader (some of
        > which may've already
        > been mentioned). In the November 2001 issue, p.55,
        > there are pictures of
        > American Z Lines' new PA-1 and soon-to-be-released
        > E8/9. The October 2001
        > issue has a big picture of MicronArt's beautiful new
        > Z-scale brass Capitol
        > City passenger station on page 46, and a full-page
        > review of PennZee 3-bay
        > hoppers on page 21. Also, both issues have
        > full-page ads, taken out by
        > eBay, that depict trains in G, O, HO, and Z scales
        > (but no N!)...
        >
        > Personally, I have every intention of submitting
        > photos of my layout to
        > them -- as soon as I've got some substantial scenery
        > down :).
        >
        > -David

        > http://www.zscale.org/

        =====
        WILLIAM BROCK

        Find a job, post your resume.
        http://careers.yahoo.com
      • jmac_han@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 2001
          Will,

          Try this link:
          http://listings.ebay.com/aw/listings/list/category19119/index.html

          Cheers,
          Jeffrey

          --- In z_scale@y..., WILLIAM AND BARBARA BROCK
          <wbbrock_2000@y...> wrote:
          > David,
          >
          > I noticed that eBay did not have N scale listed
          > either. Must be that Z scale does that nuch business
          > for them. Thanks,
          >
          > Will
        • WILLIAM AND BARBARA BROCK
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 3, 2001
            Jeffery,

            I am not at all interested in N scale, just found it
            to be a little snibe or vindication for Z scale that
            it was in the AD for eBay along with HO and G, and yet
            N scale was not mentioned. At least that is the way I
            would like to look at it, even though it was probably
            just overlooked by either the AD agency and/or eBay.
            Thanks anyway, but I am strictly Z.

            Will
            --- jmac_han@... wrote:
            > Will,
            >
            > Try this link:

            http://listings.ebay.com/aw/listings/list/category19119/index.html

            > Cheers,
            > Jeffrey
            >
            > --- In z_scale@y..., WILLIAM AND BARBARA BROCK
            > <wbbrock_2000@y...> wrote:
            > > David,
            > >
            > > I noticed that eBay did not have N scale listed
            > > either. Must be that Z scale does that nuch
            > business
            > > for them. Thanks,
            > >
            > > Will

            =====
            WILLIAM BROCK

            Find a job, post your resume.
            http://careers.yahoo.com
          • WILLIAM AND BARBARA BROCK
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 3, 2001
              David,

              There may be thirteen times more the items, but it
              appears at first sight that N scale items up for bid
              are a whole lot cheaper than Z scale items and maybe,
              just maybe eBay marketing sees a great potential in
              the future for the Z scale market over the N scale
              market. Even if it is not true, it is a good dream to
              have. Thanks though,

              Will

              http://listings.ebay.com/aw/listings/list/all/category479/index.html

              > you can see the relative number of Z-scale and
              > N-scale listings (along with
              > all the other scales). Right now, N-scale auctions
              > out-number Z by about
              > 13-to-1.
              >
              > -David
              >

              > At 06:53 PM 11/3/2001 +0000, you wrote: