Re: anyone have Merten red stags/ reindeer for sale?

  • PFL
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 10, 2012
      Thanks- I have some older Merten sets but have had a hard time finding newer one. I asked Trafofuchs to make some ballerinas and they look great- may ask them to do the deer. What is a winter scene with a reindeer?

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "dr strangelove" <kaiserwillieii0815@...> wrote:

      > Trafofuchse would be the first place to go. (Germans dont really know white tailed deer, they did some research and made some)
      > For a red stag, what they call Rothirsch, I talked these guys into making one of these doing its mating call. Used to be a pretty standard picture behind a couch, sort of like our pool playing dogs.http://www.klingenhoefer.com/
      > Third choice, I am using the smaller Bambies and does from the Noch/Woodland Scenic guys, and tune them up into Z deer.
      > Those Merten ones have been backorderd for years and I kind of think Preiser is just selling off old stock and not making anything. Nobody in the hobby shops seem to know how to order them and they have a hard time dealing with Preiser Even though the details are not as good as Preiser, Merten had some very unique figures that are hard to come by now. Z is not what it was 20 years ago, when there were 3 or 4 companies making figures, and now even the Preiser Z figures are not as crisp as they used to be.

    • dr strangelove
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 11, 2012
        Not to get too far into the weeds, but white tailed deer, elk (Hirsch) and reindeer are extremely different animals. (Think GP7 vs SD40-2) The deer the Germans know are elk, fallow deer, and roe deer. Reindeer are also so very different, so make sure you are asking for the right thing.