How old is it

  • David
    Message 1 of 5 , May 21, 2012
      I have a few items I'm trying to find more info on
      release Dates
      Production run times
      3 pole or 5 pole motor
      list price
      any known problems or defects
      and any other info you may have

      Marklin 8807 2-8-2 Southern
      Marklin 88075 4-6-4 New York Central
      Marklin 8881 4-6-2 B & O
      Marklin 88812 2-8-2 C & O
      Marklin 88490 GG1
      Marklin 8106 F7 C & O set
      Marklin 87845 Passenger set B & O
    • Don Fedjur
      Message 2 of 5 , May 22, 2012
        David,

        It will be easiest for you to simply go to this website; www.Z-World.com

        Please read/review the introduction for the use of the website and respect that it is for private use and not to be republished. Thank you to Brian Redman the general author and continued provider of this great Z-Scale resource.

        Go to the home page. Choose search and enter in your Marklin loco item number or set item number. A picture library-reference will show up in a new window with footnotes on catalog year listing and the pertinent details you are asking for.

        Here is an example (less pictures) of what came up for the Chessie F-7 set 8106

        1 match for 8106

        8106: Chessie System Freight Train

        Contents: 1 C & O F7 diesel, 1 B & O boxcar, 1 C & O boxcar, 1 WM boxcar, 1 B & O caboose. Special edition train. Locomotive and cars not available separately.
        Train length: 365 mm (14-3/8")
        First catalog: New Items 1984 E
        Last catalog: Z 1986/87 E

        Hope this answers your questions.

        Don Fedjur
        Carlsbad, CA 92009

        Message 3 of 5 , May 22, 2012
          I believe all of them are 3 pole motors and quite old.
          .
          Jeff M
          SF Bay Area Z

          Message 4 of 5 , May 22, 2012
            Hold on there Jeff! They are not all five pole. The 88075 NYC, 88812 C&O
            and the 88490 GG1 are all 5 poles.

            Unless they were upgraded, any Marklin locos with a 4 digit product code
            was released prior to the five pole motors. About a year after Marklin
            switched to the 5 digit code, the motors were upgraded to 5 pole. As a general
            rule, the vast majority of locos with 5 digit codes will also have a 5 pole
            motor.

            Sorry I don't have the release dates for these. I have not logged them in
            our Ztrack Resale database yet.

            Rob

            Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
            Distributor American Z Line