Re: [Z_Scale] NZSC Arrival in Denver

  • john mui
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2012
      Jeff, its not nice to laugh at Don like that. :D

      John

      From: Don Fedjur <donfedjur@...>
      Sender: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 14:09:19
      To: <ZoCal@yahoogroups.com>; <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Z_Scale] NZSC Arrival in Denver

      Folks, just a heads up if you are flying in to Denver and plan to use the
      Red Lion Hotel Shuttle Bus to bring you to the Hotel. Note the following.

      In your baggage claim area at Denver, there is a courtesy phone with a whole
      list of area hotels. If you dial "27", you get Red Lion and they will tell
      you to go to door 508 and go to the 3rd island where all hotel shuttle
      busses make pick up stops.

      Be sure to tell them on the phone that you want to go to Denver Southeast on
      Parker Road. Carefully look at the bus that picks you up, you want the Red
      Lion DENVER SOUTHEAST, ask the driver to be sure.

      If you do not confirm Parker Road and Denver Southeast, expect to take a cab
      for $40-$50.00 from the airport to the hotel or where the wrong Red Lion
      Hotel bus ends up......because you got on the wrong one.

      Fair warning >-)-

      Don Fedjur
      mobile phone; 760-861-5161

      Sent from my iPhone mobile office.

    • John Kellett
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2012
        To catch the shuttle, go out doors #509 and go across to Island #3.  John

        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2012
          And...........you have to be absolutely sure you get on the correct Red Lion for Southeast Denver ONLY

          Be sure to ask........

          On May 1, 2012, at 3:18 PM, John Kellett <soccrdad525@...> wrote:

          > To catch the shuttle, go out doors #509 and go across to Island #3. John

        • trainssd
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2012
            Yeah, I'll bet if you say you want the Southeast Denver Red Lion, the one that is actually in the city of Aurora, that will help.

            We will test this theory on Thursday.

            (I can't see why... oh I guess I do, they want to pull in the poor fools that think they actually got a hotel in Denver... not exactly walking distance to downtown)

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Don Fedjur <donfedjur@...> wrote:

            > And...........you have to be absolutely sure you get on the correct Red Lion for Southeast Denver ONLY
            >
            > Be sure to ask........
            >
            > Don Fedjur
            > mobile phone; 760-861-5161
            >
            > Sent from my iPhone mobile office.
            >

            > On May 1, 2012, at 3:18 PM, John Kellett <soccrdad525@...> wrote:
            >
            > > To catch the shuttle, go out doors #509 and go across to Island #3. John

          • Malcolm Cleaveland
            Message 5 of 9 , May 2, 2012
              Folks,

              Lynn and I will be arriving in Denver on a United flight about 10:20 on
              Thursday. (That's assuming all goes well, at the last convention United
              missed connections and we had to drive all night from Portland to Medford
              to make the MTL factory tour.) We will be picking up an intermediate size
              rental (think Toyota corolla or equivalent) at Enterprise thereafter and
              plan to drive up to Longmont to tour the Intermountain factory. If anyone
              wants to ride along after meeting us at the airport, they are welcome to
              come. Should be plenty of space in the trunk for luggage,we travel light.
              We will not be staying at the Red Lion but could drop you there after the
              tour.

              Contact me offlist if you are interested. I figure we could take 2 in
              comfort, 3 Z scale friends if comfort is no object.

              CheerZ,
              -- Malcolm Z
              MCZ Models
            • john mui
              Message 6 of 9 , May 2, 2012
                Malcom, we may like small trains, but we also have a big appetite. ;D

                Have fun

                John