NZSC Arrival in Denver

  • Don Fedjur
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2012
      Folks, just a heads up if you are flying in to Denver and plan to use the Red Lion Hotel Shuttle Bus to bring you to the Hotel. Note the following.

      In your baggage claim area at Denver, there is a courtesy phone with a whole list of area hotels. If you dial "27", you get Red Lion and they will tell you to go to door 508 and go to the 3rd island where all hotel shuttle busses make pick up stops.

      Be sure to tell them on the phone that you want to go to Denver Southeast on Parker Road. Carefully look at the bus that picks you up, you want the Red Lion DENVER SOUTHEAST, ask the driver to be sure.

      If you do not confirm Parker Road and Denver Southeast, expect to take a cab for $40-$50.00 from the airport to the hotel or where the wrong Red Lion Hotel bus ends up......because you got on the wrong one.

      Fair warning >-)-

      Don Fedjur
      mobile phone; 760-861-5161

      Sent from my iPhone mobile office.
    • ztrack@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2012
        Don thanks for the heads up! I am flying in Thursday morning. I look
        forward to seeing everyone. It sounds like it will be a great few days!

        Rob

        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        Distributor American Z Line
        Authorized MTL, Full Throttle, Tenshodo
        and Rokuhan dealer.
        www.ztrack.com
        www.ztrackcenter.com
        www.ztrackresale.com
        www.rokuhan-store.com
        6142 Northcliff Blvd
        Dublin OH 43016
        (614) 764-1703

      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2012
          Ha Ha !

          Jeff M
          SF Bay Area Z

          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2012
            Jeff, its not nice to laugh at Don like that. :D

            John

            Message 5 of 9 , May 1, 2012
              To catch the shuttle, go out doors #509 and go across to Island #3.  John

              Message 6 of 9 , May 1, 2012
                And...........you have to be absolutely sure you get on the correct Red Lion for Southeast Denver ONLY

                Be sure to ask........

                On May 1, 2012, at 3:18 PM, John Kellett <soccrdad525@...> wrote:

                > To catch the shuttle, go out doors #509 and go across to Island #3. John

              • trainssd
                Message 7 of 9 , May 1, 2012
                  Yeah, I'll bet if you say you want the Southeast Denver Red Lion, the one that is actually in the city of Aurora, that will help.

                  We will test this theory on Thursday.

                  (I can't see why... oh I guess I do, they want to pull in the poor fools that think they actually got a hotel in Denver... not exactly walking distance to downtown)

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Don Fedjur <donfedjur@...> wrote:

                  > And...........you have to be absolutely sure you get on the correct Red Lion for Southeast Denver ONLY
                  >
                  > Be sure to ask........
                  >
                  > Don Fedjur
                  > mobile phone; 760-861-5161
                  >
                  > Sent from my iPhone mobile office.
                  >

                  > On May 1, 2012, at 3:18 PM, John Kellett <soccrdad525@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > To catch the shuttle, go out doors #509 and go across to Island #3. John

                • Malcolm Cleaveland
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 2, 2012
                    Folks,

                    Lynn and I will be arriving in Denver on a United flight about 10:20 on
                    Thursday. (That's assuming all goes well, at the last convention United
                    missed connections and we had to drive all night from Portland to Medford
                    to make the MTL factory tour.) We will be picking up an intermediate size
                    rental (think Toyota corolla or equivalent) at Enterprise thereafter and
                    plan to drive up to Longmont to tour the Intermountain factory. If anyone
                    wants to ride along after meeting us at the airport, they are welcome to
                    come. Should be plenty of space in the trunk for luggage,we travel light.
                    We will not be staying at the Red Lion but could drop you there after the
                    tour.

                    Contact me offlist if you are interested. I figure we could take 2 in
                    comfort, 3 Z scale friends if comfort is no object.

                    CheerZ,
                    -- Malcolm Z
                    MCZ Models
                  • john mui
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 2, 2012
                      Malcom, we may like small trains, but we also have a big appetite. ;D

                      Have fun

                      John