AZL to Release Special GP38-2s

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2012
      It is with great pride that AZL is bringing back the Rogue Locomotive Works
      (RLW) GP38-2. AZL kept the original body and mated the locomotive with
      their new GP mechanism. A lot of small details are added or improved. The GP38-2
      now offers window glass, AZL Auto- Latch couplers, standard fuel tank and
      accurate air horns. The handrails are improved and the locomotive now has a
      prototypical height.

      As many of you know, Don Bouchard was the general manager and tool maker at
      RLW back in the late 1990s and was able to create the VERY first Z scale
      hood unit. Don sadly died in an accident in 2010. AZL will honor Don with a
      special SP and BN edition of the GP38-2. AZL and Ztrack Magazine will donate
      the net income from this special run to Don's family in Oregon.

      Tonight, we have uploaded an online order page for the Bouchard
      locomotives. We have listed both the BN and SP version. For those of you attending the
      Z Scale National Convention, you can prepay for your locomotives and pick
      them up at the show. The cost for prepay with pickup at the Convention is
      $112.00 per locomotive.

      You can also pay for your locomotives at the show. Please note, we will be
      charging 8% Colorado sales tax for all sales made during the convention.

      If you are not attending the convention, but would like to order the
      locomotives, the cost is $118.00 which includes domestic shipping. These
      locomotives will be shipped as soon as they are in stock.

      To order, please visit:

      http://www.ztrack.com/offers/bouchard/index.html

      Make sure to select shipping option 'Bouchard GP38-2". Thank you for
      supporting Don Bouchard's family.

      Rob Kluz

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      Distributor American Z Line