Re: [z_scale] Lead Putty

  • sutfin
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2001
      Hi all,

      Moldable lead putty is marketed by A-Line. The same company that
      produces and markets stick-on lead weights used for the larger model
      railroads, planes, boats, etc. The putty is part #13010. A-Line can be
      contacted at P.O.Box 7916, La Verne, CA 91750.

      It's packaged as 4 small sticks with a total weight of 1 oz. Contains
      90% lead. Can usually be found in hobby shops, or even in sporting
      goods.

      Good luck.

      Terry
    • jmac_han@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2001
        I knew that one of us would finally get out of his or her arm chair
        and go find the package ;-)

        Thanks for the info, Terry. I think I'll put it into the FAQ for
        safekeeping.

        Cheers,
        Jeffrey

        --- In z_scale@y..., sutfin <sutfin@w...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > Moldable lead putty is marketed by A-Line. The same company
        that
        > produces and markets stick-on lead weights used for the
        larger model
        > railroads, planes, boats, etc. The putty is part #13010. A-Line
        can be
        > contacted at P.O.Box 7916, La Verne, CA 91750.
        >
        > It's packaged as 4 small sticks with a total weight of 1 oz.
        Contains
        > 90% lead. Can usually be found in hobby shops, or even in
        sporting
        > goods.
        >
        > Good luck.
        >
        > Terry
      • D. A. Karp
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2001
          Terry, Greg, and all,

          Thanks for your input about weight and lead putty - I've updated my
          traction page. I'd certainly like to hear anyone else's experience in this
          area.

          Has anyone on the list successfully modified a Marklin steam engine so that
          all the drivers touch the rails at the same time? I know there's been
          discussion on this in the past, but I have yet to hear a definitive "yes."

          Thanks,

          -David

          http://www.zscale.org/