Re: EmpireBuilder Layout 2

  • jlundy46
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2012
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "proverbs30789" <proverbs30789@...> wrote:

      > Hey Folks!,
      >
      > I could really use someone's help figuring out some things with my layout. I just updated my photo of it. If you look under "Last Modified" you should be able to see the big version! Some of the problems are glaring but others might not have caught my eye. Thanks in advance for any assistance and helpful critiques you can render or give!
      >
      > Eric

      Hi Eric,

      Couldn't see much detail other than overall shape. Are the squares of the grid each 1 foot? I have a space that is 12' by 8' that will be the Columbia Gorge from Vancouver to Spokane.

      John
    • Kevin Brady
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2012
        Hi Eric,all,
        Direct link,please? I must have missed it.

        Thanks,Kev

        --
        Dr. Dirt's Weathering Service

      • proverbs30789
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2012
          Kevin and John,

          Thanks for the interest! I am wanting to get as many critiques from fellow Z scalers that I can. David Smith has been very helpful with his comments and suggestions!

          I do not have a direct link to anything because I do not have a blog/website. If you go under "Photos", . . "Last Modified" than "click" on the layout that appears (mostly green in color) and "click" on the layout photo again, . . .Lastly, "click" "Original" at the top of the photo and it will give you the huge version!

          Thanks again for anyone that has time to look and comment!

          Eric

          PS. If anyone has spare time and would like to take a shot at modifying my plan you can send me an E-mail and I will send you the AnyRail file.
        • Kevin Brady
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 7, 2012
            Hi Eric,all,
            Your modeling the the entire Pacific northwest? :-)))
            A few observations off the top of me head,....
            Try to,not parallel the tracks to the edge of the base
            board.Visually,it confines the space,that is making it (seem) smaller.You
            want a layout to look bigger and more expansive that it actually is.One
            trick,is running tracks at angles to the straight edge of the base
            board,this will expand the layout.Flex tracks shines in this area.
            Which brings up other questions:
            Brand of track are you are using?
            Operations?

            I will have others ;-P