Re: [Z_Scale] Z Central Station VZL April Fools apology

  • Don Avila
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3, 2012
      *Try as I might, I could never find the VZL catalog, or anything for that
      matter on VZL - so I guess ZCentral doesn't have to apologize to me. Is
      there a direct link to the "sponsor link"? I'm waiting for next April 1st
      to see what comes up next time.

      ...don

      *

      --
      *...don a * * **- Northern Ohio, USA*

    • Alan Cox
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 3, 2012
        On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 14:29:03 -0000
        "Soccrdad" <soccrdad525@...> wrote:

        > Stony and I would like to formally apologize for the April Fools joke we played, but we did have fun with it. And for those of you that requested more information and catalogs we are sorry to say Vapor Z Lines (VZL) cannot fulfill your request.
        >
        > We had fun using Tilt-Shift photographs to create a dummy catalog. Tilt-Shift process alters a regular photograph into a toyish look. If you google that term you will view some fantastic photos. For you true geeks that use Google Chrome as your web browser, there is a Tilt-Shift addin that you can download and user for free. I will leave our 'fake' sponsor link up for another week if you wish to view some train and scenery examples.

        It seems to be broken alas... you've got a '\' where you should have '/'
        in at least one of the links (off the advanced search page)
      • Soccrdad
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 3, 2012
          Ah, my apologies.

          Here is the correct link.

          http://www.zcentralstation.com/other/vzl/index.htm

          John Kellett
          Z Central Station
        • Alexis
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 3, 2012
            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Soccrdad" <soccrdad525@...> wrote:

            > I would also like to mention that Alex Bercq is having a Spring Sale. This sale contains Custom, Stock, Weathered, One-of-a-kinds, and parts of over 100 items. There are some truly special items along with some FR rollingstock. You can get to the listing by going to www.zcentralstation.com and the banner link is on the right column. Or the direct link is: http://www.zcentralstation.com/other/alex/index.htm
            >
            > Sincerely,
            > John Kellett
            > Z Central Station

            Thank you, John. This is a big help in thinning out my collection before I move. My apologies, but the FR items have already sold. There are still a few one-of-a-kind and custom pieces still available. And, all the other stuff, too.

            Alex
          • StonyS
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 3, 2012
              You never know, we might scheme up something that will be worthy.

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Don Avila <zbarr474@...> wrote:
              > I'm waiting for next April 1st
              > to see what comes up next time.
              >
              > ...don

            • Thomas Creighton Sr
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 3, 2012
                Alex: Where are you moving to? Leaving japan? heading for europe? returning to
                the states? Let us know if you will. Tom Creighton Sr

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 6, 2012
                  Hello Tom,

                  Wow... so many personal questions. ;-)

                  Yes... after 19 years in Japan, I've decided... it's time. There are many reasons involved, but I do not need to bore the group with them. I will update once the move has happened.

                  In the mean time... I'm not gone, yet. Please check the "Alex Bercq's Spring Sale" banner at Z Central Station. You can find it on the lower right-side of ZCS.

                  You do not need to be a member, but if you are not... we wish for you to join the site... for FREE!

                  I am adding more items this weekend. If you see something(s) you like, please send me your offer. Here is the direct link...

                  http://www.zcentralstation.com/other/alex/index.php

                  ThankZ,
                  Alex

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Creighton Sr <bigtrain6@...> wrote:

                  > Alex: Where are you moving to? Leaving japan? heading for europe? returning to
                  > the states? Let us know if you will. Tom Creighton Sr
                • trainssd
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 6, 2012
                    Not boring... at least tell us the country?

                    Greg

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 13, 2012
                      Seems to be a lot of layout detailing going on, in a rush to complete before the big Denver show. I have just added quite a few pieces from the late and great Linda Rankin, on my sale page at Z Central Station.

                      http://www.zcentralstation.com/other/alex/index.php

                      I can provide more photos and details, if you contact me directly... techrepjapan @ hotmail.com

                      ThankZ,
                      Alex