Re: Miller Engineering Products

  • Ztrack@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 17, 1999
      Jeff,

      Yes, I have used and have reviewed a number of pieces from Miller
      Engineering. Their Micro-Structures line is incredible! The structures, are
      some of the best brass buildings I have seen. I found the city kits very easy
      to build. The most time consuming process was the painting and detailing of
      the structures.

      The Victorian home line is much more complex. Once again, the time came with
      the painting, but the results are stunning!

      The Light Works kits are amazing. The signs designated for Z scale are
      extremely bright and really work well. I added the interior light to the
      diner and was really pleased with the results. The light nicely and evenly
      lit the building while showing off the interior details (separate kit from
      the diner).

      For those of you who are apprehensive about building a brass kit, let me give
      you these words of advice: If you have built any type of kit in the past, you
      will have no problems. Start with one of the more simple city buildings 1st.
      Don't dive into a Victorian. Paint the pieces while they are still flat.
      Fold, glue and touch up the paint. Sit back and enjoy the results´┐Ż

      Another manufacturer of brass kits is Micron Art. They can be reached at <A
      HREF="http://www.miconart.com">www.miconart.com</A>. There kits are more
      complex to build, but are also highly detailed. Their line consists of track
      side structures and now a large Z scale foundry!

      Rob Kluz
      Ztrack Magazine
      <A HREF="http://www.ztrack.com">www.ztrack.com</A>