Re: [Z_Scale] Re: AZL GP-38 scheduled for Denver Z Convetion

  • Lee Barry
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 27, 2012
      Loren, you are only 5% right. The other 95% is driven by greed, the same as for our gas prices. Stop buying and watch the price come down dramatically. The rich mans creed is "If I know how much money I have then I don't have enought". A good example of greed is NASCAR. We have two races here at "The Worlds Fastest Half Mile", up until last year there were not any empty seats in the house and the tickets sold on the "crooked" market for $1000 or better. Since 2011 there have been quite a few empty seats in the 160,000 seat "Sodom & Gommorah Coliseum". Also the campgrounds that surround the track are not full. The people have begun to realize it is not worth it to mortgage it all with a credit card to go there. The are finally seeing what I saw abpout 10-12 yrs. ago, "money has ruined NASCAR", as it has to all pro and college sports. It will do the same to model railroading. I was acollector while in N scale and bought everything that came out from
      MTL,KATO,CONCOR ect, nothing from Bachmann, I consider it junk. I learned my lesson the hard way. That is why I now only buy what I intend on running, not hiding in some box. The only exception to this is the state set, and maybe the Z scale wood side refrig. cars MTL is due to start in Jan,2013 a 12 car set. Lee Barry