Re: AZL GP-38 scheduled for Denver Z Convention

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2012
      N-scale vs. Z-scale. As a modeler of both scales, I disagree that the
      N-scale quality and appearance is significantly better. There is some
      loss of detail when scaling down to Z scale but the most recent Z
      offerings are as pleasing and attractive to my eye as my N-models.
      Frankly, I think the detail and work is amazing. Overall the US/NA
      pattern stuff seems better than the European but competition and
      progress should change this.
      The running in Z is not quite as good, but it is improving. It is much
      more reliable than N was 30 years ago. And looking at the Tenshodo
      engines and what is happening in T scale, it should continue to improve.
      Due to the smaller weight and size, there will always be some limitation
      in Z.
      For me Z is too small to scratchbuild so I will stick mainly with N but
      if you want smaller trains in big scenery or are modeling in limited
      space Z is the way to go.
      Ken Armstrong
      Irmo, SC