Re: [z_scale] Re: How about a North American Z Museum?

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2001
      Jeffrey,

      You are correct. It would be a not for profit endeavor. Recently, I discussed
      with our lawyers just such an organization. I have held out moving forward
      until I can make sure I can set a clear path for structure and goals needed
      for success (ie: too much to do, too little time).

      Yes, by default, Columbus would be the city. Almost every day I pass this
      great empty building right next to a three track main line. It used to be a
      bank there fore it would be fairly open, with some office space (and a
      vault). It would be the perfect location, especially with all the trains
      rumbling pass (NS, Conrail, UP, CSX, to name a few). Plus a drive through! Z
      to go anyone? Since it was a bank, it should be a little more secure then the
      Bochum museum. Now only if we had the money to move forward!

      I was familiar with the problems of the Bocum museum. Putting in the
      safeguards to not allow the same to happen here would be a high priority. In
      talking with others concerning this project, it has been suggested that we
      build a Z scaler retirement home next to the museum. Every day, us retired Z
      scalers could make our way to the multipurpose center, tell old Z scale war
      stories, relate back to the day when Märklin was the only game in town.
      Ahhhh, it sounds heavenly.

      Rob Kluz

      Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.