Re: Decals

  • Stew
    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 12, 2012
      If you have Corel Draw software one option for decals is at:
      http://www.highballgraphics.com/Sorry.htm

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "proverbs30789" <proverbs30789@...> wrote:

      > Hello all,
      >
      > I am excited about "Z" coming from working in "N" for a few years. You will have to forgive my questions because I am fairly new to Z scale. I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find decals for GN, NP, MILW, SP&S or BN? I cannot seem to find anyone that makes them. Do I have to use N scale? I do not have a printer with sharp enough printing to make my own.
      >
      > I have to admit that I have become a little disappointed in my search for realistic Z scale products because I am finding that there are huge gaps in what is provided by current manufactuers. I have found many good models and products out there and I am sure that more are in the works. I have seen quite a few items that I like (using card stock is out of the question for me). That is bothering me is that if I was going to model the Alps I would be set but trying to create a prototypical Midwestern railroad layout is becoming more and more of a challenge. There is very little variety in small town buildings let alone big city multi-storied ones. Sorry, just venting my frustration. I guess it is back to scratchbuilding for me.
      >
      > Eric
      >
      > PS. Anyone know where I could find ore cars in Z scale?

    • Lee Barry
      Message 38 of 38 , Oct 21, 2015
        Ed, I'm going to the show in Bluefield,WVa/Va. Nov.7 & 8. Not gonna show my layout, didn't know I would have dependable transportation to get there. Maybe next year. I showed it at the 2010 show. Last time I had dependable transportation. Lee Barry