Re: Still around - MicroTrains Couplers

  • John Jabour
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 16, 1999
      Thanks
      -----Original Message-----
      From: BJKRONEN@... <BJKRONEN@...>
      To: z_scale@onelist.com <z_scale@onelist.com>
      Date: Thursday, December 16, 1999 2:36 PM
      Subject: Re: [z_scale] Still around - MicroTrains Couplers

      >From: BJKRONEN@...
      >
      >John (and Ole too):
      >
      >> > Bill
      >> > I want to convert some of my cars from Marklin to MT
      >> > but I can't find anyone who has the 901/902.
      >
      >< snip, snip, snip >
      >
      >> In the meantime, I fired off a few emails to my usual parts places on my
      >> lunch break. I should know by tomorrow night who has what in stock.
      I'll
      >> post again then.
      >
      >Of all the emails I sent out, only one responded. Must be the Seasonal
      Rush:

    • BJKRONEN@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 17, 1999
        John (and Ole too):

        > > Bill
        > > I want to convert some of my cars from Marklin to MT
        > > but I can't find anyone who has the 901/902.

        < snip, snip, snip >

        > In the meantime, I fired off a few emails to my usual parts places on my
        > lunch break. I should know by tomorrow night who has what in stock.
        > I'll post again then.

        It was just the Seasonal Rush:

        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        Hello
        The items you requested are in stock they are $2.89 as are all the MT
        couplers. We are constantly restocking our inventory. Stock levels are very
        dynamic so items flow in and out and back again. Restock on Marklin, Miller,
        Engineering, Micron-Art, and Walthers is usually under a week Micro-trains
        usually takes about a full week depending on urgency but we have constant
        shipments from Micro-trains on a weekly basis so anything can be in them.

        Thank you,
        Shane Baykowski
        N-Scale Manager/ Systems Administrator
        M.B. Klein, Inc.
        Model Train Headquarters
        162 North Gay St.
        Baltimore, MD 21202-4018
        Info Line: 1-410-539-6207
        Order Line:1-888-872-4675
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--

        No connections with this vendor, except that of a customer, etc.

        Please do not consider this email a strong recomendation for one vendor over
        another, or to suggest these two are the only sources on the planet. Check
        Z-Track Magazine and Model Railroader for lots of other sources.

        The bottom line is that most of the big mail order shops have enough volume
        in sales to keep stock on hand, and have regular shipments from the wholesale
        warehouses to keep the back orders to a reasonable delay. Its the local
        dealer who has trouble getting enough back orders together to justify a
        factory order in a timely manner. But they need our support too. If you buy
        a large amount of "stuff" at one time, you may be surprised to find you local
        dealer will match the mail order prices, too. Mine does.

        And yes, they all run out at one time or another.

        Hope this helps.

        Bill Kronenberger
        Houston
      • John Jabour