Re: [z_scale] 8856 Croc problem Wheels not quarterd?

  • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2001
      Could it be that it had been dis-assembled in the past (by whomever) and
      the wheels were not quartered properly?

      (The two sides would be locking each other...if you know what I mean)

      I don't know how to quarter them properly, but I have screwed up a loco
      with connecting rods because I didn't do it...

      "CH Bahn"
      <chbahn@yahoo To: "Z_scale group" <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
      .com> cc:
      Subject: [z_scale] 8856 Croc problem
      10/29/2001
      05:56 PM
      Please
      respond to
      z_scale

      Hi Gang,

      Well, I bought this 8856 from a fellow who told me that the lok was
      dead.

      Sure enough, when it arrived it was dead. I took it apart and found a
      broken brush in the motor. I replaced that, tested the motor,
      re-assembled the lok, put it on the track and it still would not run.

      Well, I took it apart again and found that the gears on both ends of
      the lok were locked up solid. They won't move even a fraction of a
      millimeter.

      Other then hitting it with a hammer, does anyone have any quick and
      dirty way of unlocking the gears?

      Bill

      http://personals.yahoo.com