Re : Réf.: [Z_Scale] Re: Replacing dead mo tors

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2012
      Well, speaking of the Stitkas, a few years ago I had 4 AZL brass units completely messed up after I had them lent to an idiot supposed to weather them (actually it was my fault, I should have checked that tramp's skills prior to lend him my units). After checking with a few Z scale involved gold handed people, I finally signed a deal with the Stitkas who agreed to overhaul my locos. Infortunately the parcel was definitly lost somewhere between France and Florida so I hadn't the opportunity to have them fixed by Glenn and Sandy but they suggested they have the skills to work on AZL units (and about my lost parcel I had enough feeling to take an insurance prior to send it so it was afterwards easy to gain 3 brand new units from AZL so I limited my lost).

      So if Don cannot work on these engineless units, that would be another path to follow!

      Dom

      De : Loren Snyder <ljsnyder@...>
      À : z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Envoyé le : Mardi 31 janvier 2012 19h45
      Objet : Re: Réf.: [Z_Scale] Re: Replacing dead motors

      Dom,

      Glenn and Sandy are very much alive and well in the loco recovery business,
      though I don't know if they work on AZL much.

      As many can attest, Don has a very vast field of experience on working on
      AZL and I would certainly not hesitate to trust my AZL to Don for repairs
      and especially all things DCC and lighting.