Re: [z_scale] Live Frog

  • Daniel Baechtold
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2001
      Hi Jim, Hi zscalers,

      I use no live frog turnouts. The Halwa turnouts frogs have to be elctrically
      connected to the rail they are switched to. Mr. Halwa has a special turnout
      undertable motor for this. It measures about 12 cm X 4 cm X 5 cm (I'll check
      this at home). It can be installed under the table very easily. It also has a
      electrical switch in it, to switch the DC current of the frog. To run trains
      against the thrown frog, you'll have to switch the turnout to the correct
      position. That means, not only turnouts have to be switched which aren't run
      against thrown, but all.

      Hope that helps! I could try to scan such a motor and put the photos on my
      page. Well, I surely could scan the wiring diagram which is delivered with the
      motor.

      Best wishes, Daniel

      --
      Daniel Baechtold