Thanks from NewB

  • Perry A Pollino
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2012
      Wow, what an enthusiastic and informative group. Thanks for all the replies.
      I first took a serious look at Z a couple years ago. I do not remember exactly
       where it was other than in either San Antonio or Houston Texas. I do remember a
      guy  was wearing a top Hat with Z scale on it. That got me to take a look where
      I would normally walk right by. At the first and second Big Texas Train show in
      Houston I spent more time looking at Z and talking to folks. Maybe even a couple
      of you who have responded to me. Who knows?

      My plans are to start small. In part my wallet dictates that these days. I
      purchased a micro trains Christmas set. Track was not available. My plan was to
      use it as a Christmas diorama. I had no place for a layout at the time. I hoped
      to make it look like a toy train under a Christmas tree, as a table
      decoration. That did not happen because I never got the track. I have since
      moved into a home that allows me a spare bedroom for my hobby. So I am going to
      tinker with  Z. As I did with N back in the day. I plan on putting down some
      track on a table and playing. In this case I have 2 N track module bases to use.
      If I decide to make a complete move to Z. Big decision to make as I have a lot
      invested in N. I do not want to make the same mistake I made with N. I would buy
      anything and everything that appealed to me. Without regard to how I could sue
      it. I had a toy train mentality back then.

      So Thanks again for all the replies.
      Perry