Re: [Z_Scale] Woodland Scenics Building destroyed by fire

  • Kez
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
      Not quite as bad as that, fortunately:

      Reposted from PD_NMRA Yahoo Group:

      My friend, Dan Peterson, owner of "The Platinum Spike" in Cohasset, MA shared
      this email from Woodland Scenics:

      Ross Kudlick

      QUOTE

      Dear all,

      As you may have heard we have experienced a fire here at Woodland Scenics and
      there is good news and bad news. The good news is that no one was hurt during
      the fire or evacuation process. The bad news is that it took out a couple of our
      manufacturing buildings. However, and fortunately, there is more good news than
      bad.

      We encompass multiple buildings that are spread out all over the town of Linn
      Creek. We only lost two of those buildings and those two contained just a small
      portion of our manufacturing facilities. Our shipping department, warehouse and
      corporate offices were spared any damage, as were most of our manufacturing
      buildings, so it is business as usual.

      Thanks for all your concerns.

      Respectfully,

      Gale Cousins
      Director of Sales & Customer Service
      Woodland Scenics

      END QUOTE

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
        They made a similar statement on FaceBook this afternoon

        Dave Mummery

      • donn
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
          That's good news about Woodland Scenics. They do have some great items and I've used them many times.

          Thanks, Ross, for the info.
          Donn
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/waysidejourney (art)
          http://alongthewayside.blogspot.com/ (art)