Woodland Scenics Building destroyed by fire

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
      John Kellet, Z Central Station Owner posted this yesterday. The Woodland
      Scenics building was destroyed by fire yesterday. They are the towns largest
      employer. I do hope they will be able to recover from the fire. Such a fire
      would be devastating for many model railroad companies.

      http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=704154#.TwY5ys0gyKo

      Rob

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      Distributor American Z Line
      Authorized MTL, Full Throttle and Tenshodo dealer
      www.ztrack.com
      www.ztrackcenter.com
      www.ztrackresale.com
      6142 Northcliff Blvd
      Dublin OH 43016
      (614) 764-1703

    • Kez
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
        Not quite as bad as that, fortunately:

        Reposted from PD_NMRA Yahoo Group:

        My friend, Dan Peterson, owner of "The Platinum Spike" in Cohasset, MA shared
        this email from Woodland Scenics:

        Ross Kudlick

        QUOTE

        Dear all,

        As you may have heard we have experienced a fire here at Woodland Scenics and
        there is good news and bad news. The good news is that no one was hurt during
        the fire or evacuation process. The bad news is that it took out a couple of our
        manufacturing buildings. However, and fortunately, there is more good news than
        bad.

        We encompass multiple buildings that are spread out all over the town of Linn
        Creek. We only lost two of those buildings and those two contained just a small
        portion of our manufacturing facilities. Our shipping department, warehouse and
        corporate offices were spared any damage, as were most of our manufacturing
        buildings, so it is business as usual.

        Thanks for all your concerns.

        Respectfully,

        Gale Cousins
        Director of Sales & Customer Service
        Woodland Scenics

        END QUOTE

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
          They made a similar statement on FaceBook this afternoon

          Dave Mummery

        • donn
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
            That's good news about Woodland Scenics. They do have some great items and I've used them many times.

            Thanks, Ross, for the info.
            Donn
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/waysidejourney (art)
            http://alongthewayside.blogspot.com/ (art)