Re: New Delco Problem

  • CH Bahn
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2001
      D A Karp wrote:

      On the heels of some recent discussions concerning Relcos, my own three

      Relco units have recently and simultaneously developed a new problem
      which has unfortunately rendered them unusable.

      Now, when I switch on my Relcos, the track voltage jumps to about 8
      volts (it actually wavers between 7.9V and 8.6V), regardless of the
      throttle setting. Granted, I'm not using a standard Marklin throttle,
      but whether t's at 100% or zero, the Relco appears to be powering my
      trains.

      I'm skeptical that it's merely a Relco failure, as all three starting
      doing this simultaneously. I haven't changed any wiring, and until
      this
      happened, they had been working fine for several months.

      Has anyone else run into this problem?

      Hi David,

      From your description it may be a problem in the AC supply for your
      RELCO unit rather then in the DC supply.

      Hoiw about a bad voltage regulator or a bad filter cap???

      Have you checked the output voltage of the AC supply, the DC supply and
      the RELCO unit with a multi-meter?

      Bill

      http://personals.yahoo.com