Re: [Z_Scale] collection for sale

  • Lee Barry
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
      I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, Lee Barry

      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
        Will he come here to my house and clean my track?

        From: John Duino
        Date: 12/31/2011 7:59:11 PM
        To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com

        What?? We get to hit Loren over the head? Line forms behind Karin and me!

      • Lee Barry
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
          I know what you mean. I am only 65 and sometimes my right hand shakes so much I can't type or use the mouse. I am neither an acholic, swore that stuff off 40 years ago, nor am I a smoker, never used the stuff, nor a drug addict other than what is prescribed by my VA doctor. Lee Barry

          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
            I don't know if Italy charges an export tax but I do know that new or
            used model train items and duty into the US.

            A few years ago, I had a total of $1500 worth of trains and was not
            charged a thing.

            Larry Donsbach
            San Antonio, TX
          • richard
            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
              Hi All
              You have to look at his shipping from Europe, it's not the same as using the post office here in the US. When I order from Aspen it costs 40 Euro or about 52 dollars right now with the Euro were it is right now. That is for one car or ten. German post uses DHL which is like UPS here and it cost. Plus you lose tracking as soon as it transfer to the US postal system. For my Aspen shipments that is in Frankfort,Germany were it get a USPS Priority number which they don't pass on. So his 30 is not that far of.
              rich
              www.rslaserkits.com

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, David Ammerlaan <daafies@...> wrote:

              > Indeed. You should be able to pack everything and ship for that price
              >
              > Sent from my Windows Phone
              > ------------------------------

            • Loren Snyder
              Message 6 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
                Hey guys,

                I didn't mean to start a fire storm and get things off center. The initial
                cost just took me by surprise since I only know the system from this end and
                don't import. So with that said, I apologize for taking the attention away
                from Giorgio's efforts to dispose of his grandfather's collection. I guess
                it is a matter of us not liking certain things which we have no power or
                control over.

                The shipping costs are what they are and I accept that.

                Giorgio, I wish you every success in getting the collection sold with as
                little trouble as possible.

                All the best,
                Loren

                Message 7 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
                  Thank you Loren
                  your message was such a great message to read January 1st!!So nice and polite, in Italy people sometime don't understand how to be polite in forums!!!
                  Said that, now I can say that the price for 1 2 or 3 wagos it will be 25 euros with FEDEX because they fit in the 500 grams but will be trackable. If you don't want the tracking number the price will as low as 8 euros untill 2 kilos

                  But, the thing that I want is find a place for my granpa's trains.
                  We will talk about shipping later!!!
                  Just take a look of the list i posted, if anyone need something or have questions...I am here!
                  Ciao