Re: [Z_Scale] collection for sale

  • Micheal Franti
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
      Thank you very much Jeff!!!
      I was just thinking what happen about my trains!!!And then your message appears!!!
      Grandpa's train...no one??
      Happy new year everybody from Italy
      Giorgio

      ________________________________
      From: "Loren Snyder" <ljsnyder@...>
      Sender: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 20:08:58
      To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] collection for sale

      I should have known it, as soon as I mention ZoCal, John pops out from
      behind the bushes and begins his mad dash for insanity.

      John, relax, you have already won, hands down. Actually there was no
      competition with you running.

      Karin gives me enough lumps as it is......thank you very much. Go pick on
      someone your own size and don't forget to clean the track before the next
      show. Now there is a good idea...let's make John the PTCO. That's
      permanent track cleaning orderly to you John.. :o)

      Happy new year to all,

      Loren

      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
        Loren,
        You have expressed my problems at age 81. I have an intention tremor which gets in the way of my passsion for Z scale since 1977.
        With sadness I have given almost all of my collection to Rob Kluz for disposition. My attachment was so bad that I shipped boxes withour openeing to ensure that I did not get senimental and keep some.

        Tnhe best of 2012 tto you and Karin,

        Howard

        (typping wwith a tremor is a challenge!)

        --

        > The older I get the more challenging Z becomes.
        >
        > How about it Z friends, are we all up for the challenge in 2012?
        >
        > Happy new year to all and let's make 2012 the best year Z has ever had.
        >
        > Still looking for my Geritol and magnifying loops,
        >
        > Loren

      • Lee Barry
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
          I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, Lee Barry

          *
          On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 7:44 PM, Lee Barry <z_scale2@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Mr. Don Avila,
          >   I have been dealing with Loren for several years now and also his wife
          > Karin. He has always treted me fair and never overcharges on his shipping.
          > I just received a box from him, oh Loren I'll be sending you a PO M.O. next
          > week for that order, I haven't forgot you we've had company and a mess.
          > When I was into N scale 1994 thru 2006 most of (99%) my stuff came from a
          > Tex-N-Rails of Miami,Florida and would send it to my PO Box address COD,
          > the PO rule is if it comes to your PO Box COD you have 30 days to pick it
          > up, and back then they charged me more s&h than what Loren charges now.
          >
          > Lee Barry Bristol,Va.
          >
          > ps: Loren & Karin, keep up the good work and have a Happy New Year (but
          > watch out for what you're doing when it turns a hair after midnight as you
          > might have to do it in 2012. LB

          *...don a * * **- Northern Ohio, USA*

        • Lee Barry
          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
            Will he come here to my house and clean my track?

            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
              I know what you mean. I am only 65 and sometimes my right hand shakes so much I can't type or use the mouse. I am neither an acholic, swore that stuff off 40 years ago, nor am I a smoker, never used the stuff, nor a drug addict other than what is prescribed by my VA doctor. Lee Barry

              You have expressed my problems at age 81. I have an intention tremor which gets in the way of my passsion for Z scale since 1977.
              With sadness I have given almost all of my collection to Rob Kluz for disposition. My attachment was so bad that I shipped boxes withour openeing to ensure that I did not get senimental and keep some.

              Tnhe best of 2012 tto you and Karin,

              Howard

              (typping wwith a tremor is a challenge!)

              --

              > The older I get the more challenging Z becomes.
              >
              > How about it Z friends, are we all up for the challenge in 2012?
              >
              > Happy new year to all and let's make 2012 the best year Z has ever had.
              >
              > Still looking for my Geritol and magnifying loops,
              >
              > Loren

            • Larry
              Message 6 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
                I don't know if Italy charges an export tax but I do know that new or
                used model train items and duty into the US.

                A few years ago, I had a total of $1500 worth of trains and was not
                charged a thing.

                Larry Donsbach
                San Antonio, TX
              • richard
                Message 7 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
                  Hi All
                  You have to look at his shipping from Europe, it's not the same as using the post office here in the US. When I order from Aspen it costs 40 Euro or about 52 dollars right now with the Euro were it is right now. That is for one car or ten. German post uses DHL which is like UPS here and it cost. Plus you lose tracking as soon as it transfer to the US postal system. For my Aspen shipments that is in Frankfort,Germany were it get a USPS Priority number which they don't pass on. So his 30 is not that far of.
                  rich
                  www.rslaserkits.com

                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, David Ammerlaan <daafies@...> wrote:

                  > Indeed. You should be able to pack everything and ship for that price
                  >
                  > Sent from my Windows Phone
                  > ------------------------------

                • Loren Snyder
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
                    Hey guys,

                    I didn't mean to start a fire storm and get things off center. The initial
                    cost just took me by surprise since I only know the system from this end and
                    don't import. So with that said, I apologize for taking the attention away
                    from Giorgio's efforts to dispose of his grandfather's collection. I guess
                    it is a matter of us not liking certain things which we have no power or
                    control over.

                    The shipping costs are what they are and I accept that.

                    Giorgio, I wish you every success in getting the collection sold with as
                    little trouble as possible.

                    All the best,
                    Loren

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jan 1, 2012
                      Thank you Loren
                      your message was such a great message to read January 1st!!So nice and polite, in Italy people sometime don't understand how to be polite in forums!!!
                      Said that, now I can say that the price for 1 2 or 3 wagos it will be 25 euros with FEDEX because they fit in the 500 grams but will be trackable. If you don't want the tracking number the price will as low as 8 euros untill 2 kilos

                      But, the thing that I want is find a place for my granpa's trains.
                      We will talk about shipping later!!!
                      Just take a look of the list i posted, if anyone need something or have questions...I am here!
                      Ciao