Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Fixing the ol' 0-6-0

  • David A
    Message 1 of 52 , Dec 29, 2011
      They have. Ill keep you all posted on the progress. Thanks all!
      On Dec 29, 2011 8:19 AM, "reynard wellman" <micron@...> wrote:

      > Hi David,
      > That's one of the cool things about steam engines; as with real
      > steamers or small models, the wheels must be quartered when
      > there are linked drive rods on the wheels, otherwise the mechanism
      > binds.
      >
      > It looks like everybody has more than answered your question, so
      > I'll just stand by for now ;>)
      >
      > Have fun & best regardZ,
      > Reynard
      > http://www.micronart.com
      > On Dec 28, 2011, at 7:24 PM, david a wrote:
      >
      > > hi i'm new here. and i was silly enough to take apart a br89 to clean.
      > and now i'm the situation described by Alan below. they keep jamming.
      > >
      > > any tips on putting the gears back together properly?
      > >

      > > > Expect putting the gears back in to be a complete and utter pain. In
      > > > particular the gears between the drive wheels on some Märklin must be
      > > > inserted with the wheels and connecting rods perfectly aligned - one
      > cog
      > > > out and it will jam, so its a spot tedious 8(
      > > >
      > > > Alan

    • southernnscale
      Message 52 of 52 , Feb 22, 2014

        I have one of the BR89 in Z scale but has no motor and would like to fine one I have taken this one apart several time and put it back together again so I just need motor can't fine replacement motor I also have another Loco 2-6-0 which looks lie it might have the same chassie but just has the to fwd wheels. It runs fine I bought both at the same time and was told they didn't work but I did get the 2-6-0 running. ant help?

         Walt southernnscale