Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Fixing the ol' 0-6-0

  • reynard wellman
    Message 1 of 52 , Dec 29, 2011
      Hi David,
      That's one of the cool things about steam engines; as with real
      steamers or small models, the wheels must be quartered when
      there are linked drive rods on the wheels, otherwise the mechanism
      binds.

      It looks like everybody has more than answered your question, so
      I'll just stand by for now ;>)

      Have fun & best regardZ,
      Reynard
      http://www.micronart.com
      On Dec 28, 2011, at 7:24 PM, david a wrote:

      > hi i'm new here. and i was silly enough to take apart a br89 to clean. and now i'm the situation described by Alan below. they keep jamming.
      >
      > any tips on putting the gears back together properly?
      >

      > > Expect putting the gears back in to be a complete and utter pain. In
      > > particular the gears between the drive wheels on some M��rklin must be
      > > inserted with the wheels and connecting rods perfectly aligned - one cog
      > > out and it will jam, so its a spot tedious 8(
      > >
      > > Alan

    • southernnscale
      Message 52 of 52 , Feb 22, 2014

        I have one of the BR89 in Z scale but has no motor and would like to fine one I have taken this one apart several time and put it back together again so I just need motor can't fine replacement motor I also have another Loco 2-6-0 which looks lie it might have the same chassie but just has the to fwd wheels. It runs fine I bought both at the same time and was told they didn't work but I did get the 2-6-0 running. ant help?

         Walt southernnscale