Re: [Z_Scale] Re: repairing rail gaps

  • Kevin Brady
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 22, 2011
      Hi Ray,all,
      Dave might be Christmas shopping ;-)

      > The dilemma I may be facing is how to secure the Märklin Z masts # 8914
      > to the styrofoam board. I was thinking to glue the masts first to a cork
      > base and then to the board opposed to glueing them directly to the board.
      > In addition I'm playing with the idea of making small bamboo dowels from
      > BBQ sticks as additional support.<
      >

      > I am doing exactly this for the layout/module I am building for a
      > customer.Although I am using foam core(poster) board for most of the base
      > board.

      Your dealing with two different materials:plastic, the M tower masts and
      the Styrofoam.There many adhesives that can do the job.Sometimes,one has to
      'fiddle'with the wire and spacing.I use fine needles or safety pins to hold
      the mast in place,set the wire and *then* glue in place.
      Also,if you scenic around the masts the scenic cement will secure it in
      place.

      Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukka everyone!

      Kev