Re: [Z_Scale] [n_scale] Tiny engine

  • Lee Barry
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2011
      Pretty good video. Wonder why he did not make it with DOHC in lieu of a "push rod" valve system. I can imagine the price of one of these kits. Lee Barry

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2011
        I thought the same thing, but then I'm pretty sure why, the valve clearance adjustment is usually harder to do when you have the overhead cam.

        The cam needs lube on the lobe surfaces, if it was on top of the head, then he would have to enclose it, and also pump some oil in there, so it would not look as cool as all the exposed rocker arms, that need much less lubrication, and can just have a bit of lube on the rocker shaft and a bit on the tappet end.

        Regards, Greg