Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Newbie and British locomotives question

  • Alan Cox
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 24 3:33 AM
      On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 07:44:29 +0800
      "Joshua Letchford" <joshualetchford@...> wrote:

      > Really? N smaller than Z in some circumstances. Hmm, looks like I have some
      > research to do on what I actually want and how I can get it!

      The reason it happens is that Z scale switches are actually a not
      unreasonably prototypical angle which makes them quite long and shallow
      so things like sidings take a lot of space (but look right)

      In N there are also various very sharp switches which are far from
      prototypical visually but mean you get a chunk more in. I believe Rokuhan
      are doing some of those in Z too at some point.

      > Beer wagons, that sounds like a fun layout addition! :D German branchline,
      > hmmm sounds appealing!

      The beer wagons are nice, but the prices vary wildly - I avoid the pricy
      ones. A lot of the pricy ones are collectables and some very rare so are
      far too expensive to actually buy or play trains with !

      Alan