Re: Rokuhan Track update

  • Garth
    Message 1 of 38 , Nov 2, 2011
      Double slip switch is a crossover and switch in one and you have the choice of going straight through across the diamond or taking the diverging route so you have two positions either slip or no slip and that is clearly seen in the video. since the switch is power routing it does not matter which track you power going into the switch there will be power on either of the exits depending on whether it is set to slip or not to slip. and yes you will have to consider where you may need addition isolation to prevent a reverse loop feed back, depending on your track plan and various other track feeds.

      cheers Garth

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "rgminutillo" <rgminutillo@...> wrote:

      > Sorry for jumping in, but...
      >
      > The upper left track in the video only gets power (from the lower right track) when the switch is set for a straight route; so what if you wanted the upperleft train to take the divergent route to the upper right track? or the bottom left train to take the straight route? My understanding of a double slip is that either incoming rail can take either outgoing rail.
      >
      > Now maybe the idea is that there could be a second power source on the other right leg of track, and then that power source would be 'routed' to either incoming left leg. That might work, if both legs have the same polarity?
      >
      > I don't know, I think the demo video needs a little more detail.
      >
      > RGM
      >

      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "trainssd" <greg@> wrote:
      > >
      > > It sure looks and operates like my understanding of a double slip.
      > >
      > > Dave, what makes this not a double slip switch in your opinion?
      > >
      > > Regards, Greg
      > >
      > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "David Mummery " <d_mummery@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Very Cool, would not call it a double slip but cool none the less
      > > >
      > > > Dave Mummery
      > > > http://27squaresof220ing.blogspot.com/

    • Alan Cox
      Message 38 of 38 , May 25, 2012
        On Fri, 25 May 2012 12:25:23 -0400
        Garth Hamilton <garth.a.hamilton@...> wrote:

        > http://www.rokuhan.com/english/news/2012/05/55mm-turnout.html
        >
        > video showing new 55mm turnout 26 degree 127mm radius with changeable

        That is going to be so useful for microlayouts and for NN3. It's one of
        the things Z has really been short for a long time.