Allbritton's Gotthard Layout on Tracks Ahead

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 27, 2011
      Last year, Robert Allbritton's Z scale Gotthard layout appeared on the PBS
      show Tracks Ahead, episode #714. This episode is now on You Tube! Check it
      out! The segment on Robert's layout starts around 8:30 into the program. Here
      is the link:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PzC__PX2II

      By the way, look for two cameos of yours truly in the segment. :)

      Rob

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      Distributor American Z Line
      Authorized MTL, Full Throttle and Tenshodo dealer
      www.ztrack.com
      www.ztrackcenter.com
      www.ztrackresale.com
      6142 Northcliff Blvd
      Dublin OH 43016
      (614) 764-1703

    • reynard wellman
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 28, 2011
        Hello Rob,

        I must thank you for this wonderful link! I enjoyed the entire video and
        was very impressed with Robert Allbritton's Gotthard layout. A
        great variety of railroading interests were presented in this video.

        Even though "Tracks Ahead" has in the past only reached a limited
        audience, it appears that in 2012 it should be available on most
        PBS stations. I certainly hope that Austin TX (and Austin MN) receive
        the broadcast of this comprehensive railroading program!

        warm regardZ,
        Reynard
        http://www.micronart.com

        On Oct 27, 2011, at 8:49 PM, ztrack@... wrote:

        > Last year, Robert Allbritton's Z scale Gotthard layout appeared on the PBS
        > show Tracks Ahead, episode #714. This episode is now on You Tube! Check it
        > out! The segment on Robert's layout starts around 8:30 into the program. Here
        > is the link:
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PzC__PX2II
        >
        > By the way, look for two cameos of yours truly in the segment. :)
        >
        > Rob
        >
        > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        > Distributor American Z Line
        > Authorized MTL, Full Throttle and Tenshodo dealer
        > www.ztrack.com
        > www.ztrackcenter.com
        > www.ztrackresale.com
        > 6142 Northcliff Blvd
        > Dublin OH 43016
        > (614) 764-1703

      • Lee Barry
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 28, 2011
          Exceptional. Rob, Lee Barry here. Can you give me time and day that this program "Tracks Ahead" comes on. I have not found it listed in any of my local TV listings. As I'm retired I am sure I have the time to watch it. Thanks

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 28, 2011
            Lee,

            You will have to check your local PBS listing. Not all PBS stations carry
            the show. If they do carry it, times may vary between markets.

            Rob

            Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
            Distributor American Z Line
            Authorized MTL, Full Throttle and Tenshodo dealer
            www.ztrack.com
            www.ztrackcenter.com
            www.ztrackresale.com
            6142 Northcliff Blvd
            Dublin OH 43016
            (614) 764-1703

          • mark2playz
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 28, 2011
              Lee,
              Here's the list of the stations from the "Tracks Ahead" web site:
              http://www.tracksahead.net/TV/Tracks_stations.htm
              Unfortunately, the list isn't up to date. For example, I'm not aware of any of the Northern California stations listed other than KCSM that currently broadcast the program.
              Fortunately, a quick search indicates many of the program videos are online, and the program is available on DVD. Of course if you throw a sizable donation at your PBS station, they will play almost anything.

              Mark
            • Jack Chase
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 28, 2011
                Rob,
                What a great show & a terrific layout!  Thanks for sharing the link!
                Regards,
                Jack Chase

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 28, 2011
                  Lee and Gang,

                  It is produced by Milwaukee Public TV, in Chicago it airs Monday nights at 7:30 on channel 20, WYCC.

                  Dave Mummery

                  Dave Mummery
                  http://27squaresof220ing.blogspot.com/
                • Joe
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 29, 2011
                    Excellent! Sill pictures are one thing but a professionally done video makes it "real". Thanks so much for sharing the link!
                    Congrats to all involved!! :)

                    Joe