Marsilius Line Sold - Last Chance to Order Cars

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 26, 2011
      Last chance to purchase the original Marsilius Line PS and ACF 89'
      passenger cars! Marsilius has informed us that the tools and dies for his line of
      passenger cars have been sold. Subsequently, Ztrack has purchased all
      remaining stock of passenger cars. This includes UP, Penn Central and the limited
      edition US Army cars.

      Marsilius' passenger cars feature interiors, inset windows, separately
      applied diaphragms, blackened metal wheels and many other details.

      All cars have been posted on Ztrack Resale and are available for immediate
      purchase. There are no back orders for these cars. Ztrack has these cars in
      stock and ready to ship. Once sold out, these cars will no longer be
      available.

      To view the remaining stock and to order, please visit:

      http://www.ztrackresale.com/

      Rob Kluz

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      Distributor American Z Line
      Authorized MTL, Full Throttle and Tenshodo dealer
      www.ztrack.com
      www.ztrackcenter.com
      www.ztrackresale.com
      6142 Northcliff Blvd
      Dublin OH 43016
      (614) 764-1703

    • Kevin
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 26, 2011
        Do you know who bought the tooling and dies?????

        Kevin
        Hobby Crafts N More
        www.hobbycraftsnmore.com

      • ztrack@aol.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 27, 2011
            I understand with you being a magazine and it good you can keep a secret. But I did fine out on my own already and I was not asked to keep it a secret so here it is, to anyone interested . Its Micro Trains Line which really confuses me since they have similar coaches.

            Kevin
            Hobby Crafts N More
            www.hobbycraftsnmore.com

          • ladyrejoicer@charter.net
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 27, 2011
              Wow, good news! Thanks for sharing Kevin, I did not know this. Very smart
              move on MTL's part. Unless someone were to go to the expense of doing their
              own tooling for Z scale passenger cars Micro Trains has now secured
              themselves as the sole supplier. It has been awhile so I don't remember car
              by car what Marsillius might have had that MTL didn't have before but I have
              great hope that something good may come to us in the way of "more!".

              Many of you will remember the big controversy in which MTL was put through
              the wringer for their passenger rolling stock not being "as good" as
              Marsillius, and vice versa. Now it will forever be a none issue.
              Manufacturers of all sizes have to make tough decisions every day and
              whether MTL ever uses these dies or not I can see the wisdom in this
              purchase. Personally I hope they use them but it sounds more like a wait and
              see situation.

              I wish only the best for Marsillius as perhaps they can now move forward
              pursuing either retirement or a new focus in providing American Z products
              in Europe. If you haven't visited their site they were not just
              manufacturing these cars, they have a well stocked online hobby shop which,
              to my knowledge is still very much alive.

              Win-win here for both of these companies.

              Karin
              Stonebridge Models

              I understand with you being a magazine and it good you can keep a secret.
              But I did fine out on my own already and I was not asked to keep it a secret
              so here it is, to anyone interested . Its Micro Trains Line which really
              confuses me since they have similar coaches.

              Kevin
              Hobby Crafts N More
              www.hobbycraftsnmore.com

              > Kevin,
              >
              > I am not at the liberty to release the buyers name. Sorry.
              >
              > Rob
              >
              > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
              > Distributor American Z Line
              > Authorized MTL, Full Throttle and Tenshodo dealer
              > www.ztrack.com
              > www.ztrackcenter.com
              > www.ztrackresale.com
              > 6142 Northcliff Blvd
              > Dublin OH 43016
              > (614) 764-1703

            • mark2playz
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 27, 2011
                Kevin,
                Thanks for the info. The only surprise to me is that I've heard over the years that MTL's experiences with other people's tooling have not been good.
                Despite the similiarity of the coaches, the Marsilius design considerably different in the details and is easier (IMO) to add interiors details and lighting than the MTL.

                Mark

                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <hobbycraftsnmore@...> wrote:

                > I understand with you being a magazine and it good you can keep a secret. But I did fine out on my own already and I was not asked to keep it a secret so here it is, to anyone interested . Its Micro Trains Line which really confuses me since they have similar coaches.
                >

                > Kevin
                > Hobby Crafts N More
                > www.hobbycraftsnmore.com

              • Mitch Maris
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 31, 2011
                  US Army cars.

                  Are these available?

                  Thanks,

                  Mitch

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 31, 2011
                    Mitch,

                    We are sold out of the US Army cars. The only Marsilius cars still
                    available are Penn Central.