Re: [Z_Scale] Gatorboard & Ultraboard

  • Don Fedjur
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2011
      Plant the seed.......it will grow. I will be bringing some Ultraboard to our rondezvous at Henri's tomorrow.

      Don

      From: Don Fedjur
      Date: 9/30/2011 11:31:58 AM
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com

      Conrad,

      Ultraboard is the way to go. I am a product manager and expert in digital
      graphic printing applications where my customers use these products. The
      Ultraboard product is simply better because it uses a styrene laminate vs
      the pulp laminate on Gatorboard or similar Foamcore. That said, it is
      moisture and warp resistant and cuts better, especially with a thin kerf saw
      or reciporcating blade. You can use your table saw to cut the material. I
      have a Dremel 4 inch table saw that works perfect for this product when
      having to cut small pieces.

      In a Commercial Display Graphics print and cut applications, the material is
      cut out automatically with a precision flatbed cad/camera cutting system.
      Therefore, needs to be very firm/rigid/flat and cut cleanly when a knife or
      blade cuts through it. And....the quality of the material needs to be such
      that the blade does not "wander" as to create an un-uniform edge. Where you
      ll find this product is sign supply company's, who sell to sign shops,
      exhibit display company's, screen printing company's.

      The use of polyurethane glue such as Gorilla Glue is perfect for this
      product. Also, you can Dado Router the material to increase it dimensional
      stability for construction of ribs or vertical and horizontal supports.
      Super light weight!

      Find a Display Graphics company in your area and go dumpster diving. A good
      portion of the scrap that is thrown out or recycled is very usable for
      Z-Scale. Good luck, hope this info. helps you out.

      Don Fedjur

    • Michael
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2011
        You guys aren't going there to eat pie, are you?

        MP

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Don Fedjur <donfedjur@...> wrote:

        > Plant the seed.......it will grow. I will be bringing some Ultraboard to our rondezvous at Henri's tomorrow.
        >

        > Don

      • Don Fedjur
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2011
          The only "pie eaters" I know are Loren and Joe. That I think is an Oregon "thang".

          Don Fedjur

          You guys aren't going there to eat pie, are you?

          MP

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Don Fedjur <donfedjur@...> wrote:

          > Plant the seed.......it will grow. I will be bringing some Ultraboard to our rondezvous at Henri's tomorrow.
          >

          > Don

        • Loren Snyder
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 1, 2011
            Don,
            We are soooooo beyond pie. Now we just sit around and talk about other Z
            scalers................ :o)

            That's much juicier than pie any day.

            I should write a book. But I'd hate to be chapter one and warp everyone's
            mind.

            The only "pie eaters" I know are Loren and Joe. That I think is an Oregon
            thang".

            Don Fedjur

          • FT. Dewey
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 2, 2011
              Loren:"warp everyone's mind."
              Not to worry. Mine has been warped for years !!!!
              DEWEY

              _/oo OOOOO oo` ooo ooo 'o!o!o o!o!o`