  • kevin
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 29, 2011
      I just seen the new Mirco New and MTL Geesp are back in the Christmas Train
    • mark2playz
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 30, 2011
        Kevin,
        Actually, I'm a bit confused by the various announcements from MTL. They appologize for substituting the GP35 for the SD40-2 in the Christamas train, available mid-month. Yet their production status page announces that the SD40-2 chassis is being produced now to be followed by the GP chassis. Has MTL after all this time found a box of GPs they forgot about?
        While MTL getting back on track with the locos is good news, I don't understand where they'll be getting their GPs from.

        Mark
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "kevin" <kd79ctls@...> wrote:

        > I just seen the new Mirco New and MTL Geesp are back in the Christmas Train

      • Faiz al-faruq
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 30, 2011
          May I follow you Christmas train.....????

          I really proud if you let me.......

          ________________________________
          Dari: mark2playz <mark.markham@...>
          Kepada: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
          Dikirim: Jumat, 30 September 2011 22:21
          Judul: [Z_Scale] MTL Christmas Train

          Kevin,
          Actually, I'm a bit confused by the various announcements from MTL. They apologize for substituting the GP35 for the SD40-2 in the Christmas train, available mid-month. Yet their production status page announces that the SD40-2 chassis is being produced now to be followed by the GP chassis. Has MTL after all this time found a box of GPs they forgot about?

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 30, 2011
            I don't know Mark. All I head was that the Geep was back in Production by some other company in China for them. Maybe there going to fix the design problems with the SD40-2 trucks.
          • Loren Snyder
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2011
              Don't know for sure Mark, but it is possible that MTL had laid aside a
              number of Geeps just for the Christmas train sets.
              Loren

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 1, 2011
                Loren,
                I'd be impressed if they had thought that far ahead. I can't think that MTL could have expected getting the locos back into production would take so long. I hate to think how much energy they had to put into getting the manufacturing going again that could have gone into new products.

                Mark

                > Don't know for sure Mark, but it is possible that MTL had laid aside a
                > number of Geeps just for the Christmas train sets.
                > Loren

              • Lee Barry
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 1, 2011
                  In this months Model Railroad Mag. (the Nov.2011) issue they show the "geep" as the engine going with the set.