New Photo Album

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 26, 2011
      I've created a photo album named "Weinheim", with some pictures of my layout. It is based on the early 80's around Weinheim in the Heidelberg-Odenwald area. I am a look & feel person not a rivet counter (nothing wrong with that, just not me). The buildings are a mixture of plastic kits, scratch builts, Christmas tree ornaments and souvenir rosin buildings I bought in Germany. Some of them date back to 1982. Some things are not "in scale" but are close enough for me. The layout is 3 feet by 8 feet. If you get a chance to look, let me know what you think. Suggestions always appreciated.

      As far as all the power packs. I lived in Weinheim near Modelleisenbahn und Kinderwagen Grimm (they opened in 1862) . They would get 110 V input transformers for me at a great price. So, i just went withe them instead of a proper control panel.

      Future photos will be close up's with trains. By the way, I use a railbus as a streetcar in the Weinheim (the large city).
    • Kevin Brady
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 26, 2011
        Hi Michael,all,
        Looks great! Is that an F-1 race in one of the photos?
        :-)

        Kev

        --
        Dr. Dirt's Weathering Service

      • dr strangelove
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 27, 2011
          Looks good to me..Put in some wine growing on the hills and you are set. German houses on one another is pretty accurate.

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 29, 2011
            Thanks to everyone for the comments. Based on them I'm going to modify one area to add a vineyard, and make a few other changes. Thanks for the suggestions.

            The race track uses counters for a board game called "formula 1". They are probably around 1:285, but are the only F1 cars I could find. My wife is an avid F1 fan and painted them for me. They are in the 2002 color schemes.

            Thanks to Uncle Sam, I was stationed in Germany 1981-1984 and 2002-2007. Great years and wonderful memories. Now, I just have to get stationed there one more time before retiring.
          • Kevin Brady
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 29, 2011
              Hi Michael,all,
              If I may ask,what materials are you going to use for the
              vineyards? I might need a hop farm to fro my customers layout! ;-)

              Best,Kev