Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Motorized Speeder

  • Alan Cox
    Message 1 of 49 , Aug 2, 2011
      On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 22:08:37 -0000
      "StonyS" <stonysmith@...> wrote:

      > The speeder I designed for the Z Central Station contest is designed basically as a 5 foot (scale) cube.. the Thek chassis at 16x7x12 feet (scale) is over three times larger.
      >
      > Here's a photo:
      >
      > http://www.zcentralstation.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=0&func=view&catid=33&id=10804#11365

      Images don't work unless you create an account..

      The smallest motors I've seen that can handle Z type voltages are 6mm dia
      x 10mm long, or there is a slightly smaller Kato N one in the tram chassis
      but that is very high revving it seems. For the motor alone that scales
      out at 1320mm dia x 2200mm long, plus wires, plus worm..

      [units assures me that in ancient speak that is 4'4" x 7'2" which
      indicates the scale of the problem]

      And then you'd have to sort out power pickup.

      There are a few N scale shunters GE25 sort of size or a bit smaller which
      are powered but I don't think I've ever seen a Z scale powered Köf or
      similar either.
    • D.
      Message 49 of 49 , Aug 6, 2011
        Sorry, but my English is very bad. I must all translate with PROMPT.
        I hope You can forgive me.
        I have had in English nearly 50 years ago at school. Afterwards, however, only on vacation sometimes the breakfast orders.

        Detlev