Re: motorized speeder

  • david.davidksmith
    Message 1 of 49 , Aug 2, 2011
      This works on paper. It does not work in practice very well (ask me how I know). The speeder would jerk along in spurts, instead of roll smoothly. Plus, that's an awful lot of complex construction to deal with just to move a speeder.

      Much better trick: attach one end of a really fine monofilament thread to the speeder, and the other to the last car of a train. The speeder will obediently follow the train at a safe distance. No need to build or modify anything!

      Regards,
      David

      http://davidksmith.com/modeling.htm

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, kelley wright <kaiserwillieii0815@...> wrote:

      > If someone war really slick, they could, perhaps mount one of those tiny super magnets on the Norm 24 speeder, then run a hidden track under the track the speeder was on with another super magnet mounted on top an engine. Now if the magnets could attract one another enough to pull speeder through roadbed, track, ect, and not pull bottom magnet car off track underneath, and not screw up the motor (perhaps mount magnet on a weighted car behind engine) this might work. I guess one could use a chain pulley type thing with a magnet too. Now I really do not know if motor cars (speeders) would run backwards, or if the dudes would flip them around to run them the other way, but you would either have to run this set up through tunnels or trees on both ends,  only run back and forth, forward and backwards.
      > This setup in a module on a siding would be pretty cool, add the putt putt sound and you have another show stopper.
      >
      > GVSTATVS SIMILIS PVLLVS !
      > Kelley Wright

    • D.
      Message 49 of 49 , Aug 6, 2011
        Sorry, but my English is very bad. I must all translate with PROMPT.
        I hope You can forgive me.
        I have had in English nearly 50 years ago at school. Afterwards, however, only on vacation sometimes the breakfast orders.

        Detlev