Re: Re : Réf.: [Z_Scale] Re: Z Ops was Frust rated, Discouraged, and Disillusioned

  • thomas cipelle
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2011
       Stop chill get Ice Tea been modeling in z over 25years Have built  lay outs all MFG> rtr switches. My first still one my favorites Marklin track switches had 14 switches 6 curve 8 standard switches 3 double  slipes18 uncoupler tracks its 95% troble free but every now then engine pick switch thru. next using MTL track switches having good results inc. using it for double helix with 2 outer track  circleing .it.it looks great runs troble free.now building new lay out using Rokuhan track switches.There is reason for this it due power routing of the switches. this be small switching lay out using 5 switches make for evenning fun switching dont  want go into detail lay out yet .  RON  one the most inportant things due come try Z Central station  group on wed. nite 9pm edt or sunday after noon 1pm edt. many good people help with ans. by way ron im just average modeler theres many in here  far better than I  Thomas and Gayle  P/s read items from
      David  Smith Loren Joe D and Garth Michael H. and above all

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2011
        Hi Thomas,

        I thought I was a dinosaur . . . Z-scale has been around for over 25 years
        . . . Wow!

        Anyway, thanks for the kind encouragement. I¹ll check out ZCentralStation
        in due course. Looks like I¹ll be selling some used MTL turnouts one way or
        the other in the near future if you¹re interested.

        Ron

        on 7/3/11 5:43 PM, thomas cipelle at thomasc600@... wrote:

> [...]
        > right before a convention, but Z-scale has some issues that need to be fixed.
        > And pretending, or worse, representing that they don't exist is not going to
        > make things better.
        >
        > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> , de

        >> > Basically a power-routing turnout displays a continuous juice flowing
        >> thanks to its powered frog, on the opposite of insulated-frog turnouts. So
        >> you have no risk of a loco stalling because of one of its axles stuck on the
        >> insulated frog. Very useful with our small scale. Myself I'm using turnouts
        >> from Peter Wright, UK. http://www.wrightturnouts.com . Unfortunately it seems
        >> that this gentleman has health issues to deal with, and that he currently
        >> doesn't run his business. There's another solution for "true" power routing
        >> turnouts, Fast Tracks, which I consider in the future if Peter doesn't resume

      • thomas cipelle
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
          Found  nice switching lay out going build for next show if find drawing  know you like it
           course my mistake didn,t save favorites but due have it in my head.  Wont solve problem easy coupling  and un coupling due I also use several MFG. couplers and truck mounted couplers still make heck show. Usually one good thing still spot cars close on siding  just pushing not derailing Ive have good repour  with Lionel people show us lots respect at shows fact  2 ask me build them lay outs turned them down> reason we try gernic build are layouts please crowds and mostly children we known mix  Z and N  bldg. on lay out. my favorite test cars is 2 from marklin has 18 axles see how pass thru switch Hot  metal lade car and depressed center flat car my opinion your new choice switches is wise also most  3 axle trucks and 6 axle diesels good test for switches wish you great luck by the we also  runT gauge at shows
          .
          --- On Sun, 7/3/11, Ron Bingham <rebingham@...> wrote:tom and gayle

          From: Ron Bingham <rebingham@...>
          To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 11:34 PM

> [...]

          > right before a convention, but Z-scale has some issues that need to be fixed.
          > And pretending, or worse, representing that they don't exist is not going to
          > make things better.
          >
          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com <mailto:z_scale%40yahoogroups.com> , de

          >> > Basically a power-routing turnout displays a continuous juice flowing
          >> thanks to its powered frog, on the opposite of insulated-frog turnouts. So
          >> you have no risk of a loco stalling because of one of its axles stuck on the
          >> insulated frog. Very useful with our small scale. Myself I'm using turnouts
          >> from Peter Wright, UK. http://www.wrightturnouts.com . Unfortunately it seems
          >> that this gentleman has health issues to deal with, and that he currently
          >> doesn't run his business. There's another solution for "true" power routing
          >> turnouts, Fast Tracks, which I consider in the future if Peter doesn't resume

        • Ron Bingham
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
            OK. Good luck to you also, Thomas.