Re: Réf.: Re: Re : Réf.: [Z_Scale] Re: Z Ops was Frustrat ed, Discouraged, and Disill

  • Loren Snyder
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2011
      Ellen,

      Exactly what I was talking about. Making up trains is interesting to
      watch..........especially IF you can do it without 'hands on' assistance.

      That's why I said it took a winning combination of good track work, finely
      tuned locos and cars and couplers that work properly.

      It does sound like you East coast folks are ahead of the game when it comes
      to yards, but give us enough time out here where the ZoCal and BAZ boys run
      rampant, and sooner or later they will razzle dazzle the rest of the Z
      community with huge yards that function without hands and run on DCC. No
      blocks or miles of wiring for those folks. DCC is the future. Now that
      will be something to see.

      At NTS you will see a large yard, but I don't think they will have the
      uncoupling magnets installed. So a little 'fudging' will have to take place
      unless the guys are placing magnets without telling anyone as of yet.

      Loren

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2011

        I don't consider myself an east coast folk but rather an Midwezt folk. But you're right we are ahead of the game :) I know you also think DCC is the way to do things but on that we're old stick in the muds.......LOL

        Ellen

        > Ellen,
        >
        > Exactly what I was talking about. Making up trains is interesting to
        > watch..........especially IF you can do it without 'hands on' assistance.
        >
        > That's why I said it took a winning combination of good track work, finely
        > tuned locos and cars and couplers that work properly.
        >
        > It does sound like you East coast folks are ahead of the game when it comes
        > to yards, but give us enough time out here where the ZoCal and BAZ boys run
        > rampant, and sooner or later they will razzle dazzle the rest of the Z
        > community with huge yards that function without hands and run on DCC. No
        > blocks or miles of wiring for those folks. DCC is the future. Now that
        > will be something to see.
        >
        > At NTS you will see a large yard, but I don't think they will have the
        > uncoupling magnets installed. So a little 'fudging' will have to take place
        > unless the guys are placing magnets without telling anyone as of yet.
        >
        > Loren

      • Loren Snyder
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2011
          Dear stick in mud,,

          Ok, I'll correct myself and admit you are not East coast, but MidWest.
          There.....now please don't pull up any of my rail spikes that hold the
          mountain division track securely....:o)

          But you have to admit, if we use DCC, we are using less wiring and you know
          how important it is to conserve our natural resources.

          Doing all we can to contribute to saving our copper,

          Loren