Re: [Z_Scale] RE: PAYPAL SCAM OT THREAD

  • Don Avila
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2011
      Hmmmmmmmmm, if you charge for consulting or *PAY* for consulting you will
      find time costs a LOT more than the minimum hourly wage. ...and that is
      what time is worth.

      ...don a

      On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 2:14 PM, reynard wellman <micron@...>wrote:

      > How much is a person's time worth anyway?
      >
      > Keep Zeeing and railroading! ;>)
      >
      > Reynard

    • david.davidksmith
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2011
        Be wary of the overly simplistic views some people have of the fees charged for transactions. The per-transaction fee may be more through PayPal, but banks charge a pretty hefty setup fee to establish an account to accept credit card payments. Plus, most banks expect you to meet a minimum total transaction dollar amount per month, and if this is not met, they slap you with additional fees.

        Furthermore, PayPal offers a fully-integrated system for storefronts, with payment acceptance, bookkeeping, shipping and even inventory control. This is a boon to very small businesses since it consolidates several services into one, and avoids minimum monthly transaction fees charged by many banks as well as the need to manage inventory, shipping, and everything else yourself.

        Bottom line, one must look at the whole picture before writing PayPal off as some greedy website looking to gouge us at every turn. Depending on the size and type of business one runs, they may represent the better value.

        Regards,
        David

        http://davidksmith.com/modeling.htm