Re: [Z_Scale] RE: PAYPAL SCAM OT THREAD

  • reynard wellman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1 11:14 AM
      Hi Loren, Malcolm Z,

      I love to get checks, but only if they have a real routing
      number along the bottom. A fella in the Netherlands sent
      me a very fancy looking check that was bogus. So checks
      from overseas now have to wait until the check clears
      before I send the product. That hurts the balance of trade.
      It was my mistake to ship before my bank examined
      the check.

      I love PayPal. Even with the fees, they perform a good
      service that saves me a lot time. Transactions business
      to business can be time consuming but PayPal makes
      it so much easier.

      How much is a person's time worth anyway?

      Keep Zeeing and railroading! ;>)

      Reynard
      On Jul 1, 2011, at 12:12 PM, Loren Snyder wrote:

      > Malcolm,
      > I have always accepted checks to save me the pay pal seller fees and also so
      > as to save having to pass on pay pal fees to the customers. Those wanting
      > to use a check are welcome to contact me. Once as an established customer,
      > I don't hold checks for clearance.
      >
      > The customer is the one who may ultimately lose out if they rip off an
      > dealer. The dealer merrily has to tell the entire Z world that so and so is
      > a rip off and he will have his name black listed in the Z community.
      >
      > We Z scalers are supposed to be an honorable group in the first place,......
      > ...right?
      >
      > Loren

    • Don Avila
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1 11:19 AM
        Hmmmmmmmmm, if you charge for consulting or *PAY* for consulting you will
        find time costs a LOT more than the minimum hourly wage. ...and that is
        what time is worth.

        ...don a

        On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 2:14 PM, reynard wellman <micron@...>wrote:

        > How much is a person's time worth anyway?
        >
        > Keep Zeeing and railroading! ;>)
        >
        > Reynard

      • david.davidksmith
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1 1:14 PM
          Be wary of the overly simplistic views some people have of the fees charged for transactions. The per-transaction fee may be more through PayPal, but banks charge a pretty hefty setup fee to establish an account to accept credit card payments. Plus, most banks expect you to meet a minimum total transaction dollar amount per month, and if this is not met, they slap you with additional fees.

          Furthermore, PayPal offers a fully-integrated system for storefronts, with payment acceptance, bookkeeping, shipping and even inventory control. This is a boon to very small businesses since it consolidates several services into one, and avoids minimum monthly transaction fees charged by many banks as well as the need to manage inventory, shipping, and everything else yourself.

          Bottom line, one must look at the whole picture before writing PayPal off as some greedy website looking to gouge us at every turn. Depending on the size and type of business one runs, they may represent the better value.

          Regards,
          David

          http://davidksmith.com/modeling.htm